Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A site for exchanging Buddhist books

edited September 2009 in General Banter
Hi,

I read in a thread where some members were interested in starting a Buddhist book exchange? I could program and develop a site like this very easily, if enough people voice some support.

-Jordan
sabrinasun

Comments

• MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited May 2009
    i would give away a few books....and I'm a web developer
  • edited May 2009
    Any other members interested in this...?
  • edited May 2009
    No one...?
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2009
    Yes, yes, yes!! I am!!

I have a number of books on Tibetan Buddhism I'd like to exchange for Theravada books, particularly Thai Forest Tradition books. So I'd very much like to participate.

Give the rest of the gang a few weeks to respond. If we're lucky maybe there will be interest and we can get this thing off the ground.
  • edited May 2009
    Brigid, would you be interested in beta testing the website? I'd like to get some feedback on the site before it really 'goes public.' :)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited May 2009
    I'd love to beta test for you, Jordan. I'm running a Mac though and it's my only machine.
  • edited May 2009
    The link is http://dharmalibrary.org/

Please use the same name to register on there as you are using here - we will avoid confusion that way! I will keep you posted as I add new features to enhance the site experience.
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited May 2009
    I tried to register, but got: Sorry, new user registration by invitation only.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2009
    I can't even see where you're supposed to register?!

All I have is "Username, password, Log in"......
  • MagwangMagwang Veteran
    edited May 2009
    The Create New Account link is on http://dharmalibrary.org/user/password
  • edited May 2009
    Sorry everyone, you should be able to sign up now. I was just playing around with some features.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited June 2009
    I registered a few minutes ago.

I guess you're busy like the rest of us, Jordan.
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited June 2009
    I am not in the US at the moment, but I have registered .

_/\_
  • edited June 2009
    I just registered tho I have no books of my own. Would it be possible to obtain a book, read it then exchange it thru this site? My local library is very limited on books about Buddhism.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm down.
  • edited July 2009
    I'd be very happy toswap books but I would like the postage back as I live in France - anyone interested?

I can post a list if anyone is on the buy
  • edited August 2009
    haven't been on the site in a while but saw this thread and thought the idea of a book exchange is awesome. I went to the site and seems to be bare bones, any word on where the idea is at and if progress is being made?
  • specialkaymespecialkayme Veteran
    edited September 2009
    I'm also interested in the idea, if it's still operational
  • Inspired by this thread, the website buddhistexchange.com is in operation. Please let me know if you encounter any bugs, need any feature.

bravehawk