Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Login Challenges

My "Login" time expires so quickly. Sometimes it takes several tries to get logged in again. I don't doubt the difficulty is on my end, but perhaps someone could advise me?

Many thanks; many blessings,
Anagarika Sevaka

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Click the 'remember me' button. Then, even if you log out again, your login will be longer....
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited June 2009
    federica wrote: »
    Click the 'remember me' button. Then, even if you log out again, your login will be longer....

Fede, you lost me here with, "Your log-in will be longer." Do you mean shorter?

Also, to whom this matter goes, why do we get logged out so quickly when we start replying to posts? It seems that, more often than not, I have to log back in in order to post. I have a 25-character pw to keep me from posting every day (I simply can't let my studies go down the drain and I'm way more interested in Eastern spirituality than in bodily processes.).

Is it possible to have a longer time to make posts without being logged out? I mean, I make short posts, relatively. The only way I know that helps is to press PREVIEW POST frequently, but that breaks my chain of thought.

No insurmountable problem, though. At least these days what I have written returns. It used to be that it all was GONE. Well, perhaps the world is a better place without so much hot air.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited June 2009
    You log in.
    You select the "Remember me?" box.
    Then even if you still log out when you've finished, you will have posted for much longer without incident.

I should have said..... :o
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited June 2009
    If you type your username and password and leave the "Remember Me?" box unchecked, you will only be logged in as long as you have your web browser open.

If you type your username and password and CHECK the "Remember Me?" box, you will stay logged in permanently on that computer until you log out.

If you have cookies disabled for some reason on your computer, the Remember Me box will not work as stated above, but very few people do that.
    edited June 2009
    Lincoln wrote: »
    If you type your username and password and leave the "Remember Me?" box unchecked, you will only be logged in as long as you have your web browser open.

If you type your username and password and CHECK the "Remember Me?" box, you will stay logged in permanently on that computer until you log out.

Is there a QUICK GUIDE anywhere to internet savvy?

I thought checking the "remember me" button would make my name and password automatically be filled in and didn't want that. I guess I need to connect more dots. Of course one problem I have is having different passwords for everything and needing to remember them by actually using them often. I don't trust the internet any farther than three feet away from my eyeballs.

But I'll take your word for it, Fede and Matt, and check the "remember me" button. Thanks!
    edited June 2009
    It works! It works without filling in the blanks! I am so happy!

Thanks all.

Nirvy:lol:
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited June 2009
    Only your browser can automatically fill in usernames and passwords, not a website. The site doesn't know you're you until you login ;)