Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Hey?, Who Stole Our Lotus in the url Bar??

NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `  South Carolina, USA Veteran
edited July 2009 in NewBuddhist.com
When did the lotus disappear and the new logo appear in the url bar?

What does it mean?

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited July 2009
    Huh?
  • edited July 2009
    I noticed that, too. If you are in Internet Explorer, at least... I haven't checked this website in FF or Chrome or anything else...

In the navigation bar, to the left of the URL, there used to be a lotus (as recent as two days ago... I haven't been here long. :lol:). Now, it's the boring "E" symbol. I miss the lotus... :confused:
    edited July 2009
    I still see it in IE8 and Firefox 3.5, and I've changed nothing on this site in over a month.
  • kennykenny Explorer
    edited July 2009
    I also have it in Firefox. No clue about IE or Chrome though.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited July 2009
    I still see the Lotus on my Macintosh, but it's replaced with something that looks like a cross on my Sony VAIO upstairs and the PCs where I tutor and take classes. All these computers use IE, apparently not the latest edition. I'm afraid to upgrade until I get the word from my school that it's time.

Whazzup? Just a few days ago I saw lotuses everywhere. I miss 'em.
  • kennykenny Explorer
    edited July 2009
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Ckmh%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> From a IT perspective you should probably switch over to Firefox anyways. IE has a huge security hole that allows anyone with a slight amount of skill to gain access to your computer. This hole has been acknowledged by Microsoft and the only response given is they are working on it. It’s been over a year now from the best of my knowledge. And this “hole” cost me a reformate and hours of reinstalling. Firefox is the most secure. Plus you might get your pretty lotus back :).
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited July 2009
    kenny wrote: »
    From a IT perspective you should probably switch over to Firefox anyways. IE has a huge security hole that allows anyone with a slight amount of skill to gain access to your computer. This hole has been acknowledged by Microsoft and the only response given is they are working on it. It’s been over a year now from the best of my knowledge. And this “hole” cost me a reformate and hours of reinstalling. Firefox is the most secure. Plus you might get your pretty lotus back :).

Thanks, Kenny, but IE is an absolute requirement for me when doing school work. A lot of the CDs the teachers hand out only run on IE. I use Safari on my Macintosh as Firefox just doesn't suit. I have no problems on Safari. I had to but a PC just to keep up.
    edited July 2009
    I'm really not sure what's going on, but I'm pretty sure the issue is on your end.

I highly suggest upgrading to IE8. It is extremely unlikely your coursework would be negatively impacted, and highly likely the rest of your web-browsing experience will be improved :)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited July 2009
    What does your browser have to do with playing CDs?

Palzang
    edited July 2009
    I think he's referring to web-type applications being distributed on discs, not music CDs. :)
  • bushinokibushinoki Veteran
    edited July 2009
    he would, Matt. I have a similar issue as most of the training CDs are IE compatible. I have to be able to use them in garrison, so I'm stuck with IE.