Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

RE: "religious exemption to vaccines" thread

JasonJason God EmperorArrakis Moderator
edited October 2009 in NewBuddhist.com
Is anyone else having trouble accessing the second page of the thread Can anyone help with a religious exemption to vaccines?

I can click on the first page, but when I go to the second page it goes to www.forumhasbeenclosed.com, then to http://webhelp.qwest.net/main?InterceptSource=0&ClientLocation=us&ParticipantID=iil7m3f3h23ub7r46n5xmju72a5h65bb&FailureMode=1&SearchQuery=&FailedURI=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forumhasbeenclosed.com%2F&AddInType=4&Version=2.1.1-1.56base&Referer=http%3A%2F%2Fnewbuddhist.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D3636%26page%3D2&Implementation=0 and says:
Sorry, the page you were looking for cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Error: (DNS), click the back back button to try another link.

WTF?

Comments

• RenGalskapRenGalskap Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Jason, it's working for me. I just accessed the second page. The last post was from fivebells, at 6:20 PM EDT today.

Try again. Probably just a fluke.
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Nope, same thing.
    edited October 2009
    Jason wrote: »
    Nope, same thing.
    If you haven't tried this already, force the page to reload by hitting Ctrl-R. Most ISPs use caching proxies, and you may be getting a cached page. Ctrl-R forces your browser to ask for a new copy of the page, instead of a cached one.
    edited October 2009
    No luck.
    edited October 2009
    Dude, don't know what to tell you. I tried it with two different browsers, and it's working fine for me.
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited October 2009
    Works for me. Seems likely, from the way it's failing, that it's a local DNS problem. If you have some kind of proxy capability, you might try that.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited October 2009
    Someone hacked the thread. I've deleted their account, added some censored "words" to stop it from happening again, and am now manually deleting the post from the database. :rarr: wutadick.
    edited October 2009
    Huh. Why does it only seem to affect me? (Still can't read the second page.)
    edited October 2009
    Yeah, this is very interesting. Can you explain a little more about how the hack worked, Lincoln? Did it only affect Windows machines?
    edited October 2009
    Jason, I only just now got it fixed completely; try again. (I'm in PA right now working on my slow laptop on wireless - a little frustrating). It affected me as well.

fivebells, it was just a Javascript hack that redirected the browser to another site (which in this case didn't exist). If you have Javascript disabled it would've stopped it from happening. I suppose it's also possible Safari simply doesn't listen to the redirect command; I haven't tested it.
    edited October 2009
    FYI, I'm using a Mac and Firefox as my browser.
    edited October 2009
    Sweet. Works. Thanks sexy-tech-guy.
    edited October 2009
    Oh, cool, we can do javascript? I might have some (nondisruptive) fun with that, some day.

I have javascript on. I'm running firefox on ubuntu.
    edited October 2009
    FYI, I'm using a Mac and Firefox as my browser.

JavaScript enabled, BTW.
    edited October 2009
    Thanks sexy-tech-guy.
    Aw shucks, t'weren't nuthin' :p
    fivebells wrote: »
    Oh, cool, we can do javascript? I might have some (nondisruptive) fun with that, some day.
    It was possible because I forgot to censor the script tag. I've now fixed that oversight :D Sorry; just too easy to hack the site, as you can see.
    edited October 2009
    Not, much of a disappointment. Would have been a total waste of time. :)
    edited October 2009
    If anyone notices something like this in the future, you can PM or email me. I definitely want to be able to respond to problems like this as quickly as possible to limit any threats to our members.
    edited October 2009
    fivebells wrote: »
    Would have been a total waste of time. :)
    Which totally explains its fascination. ;-)
    edited October 2009
    Yep. :)