Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

WE DEMAND MORE FUNNY FACE THINGS

edited December 2009 in NewBuddhist.com
This is serious! I just tried to post a thread and my feelings were whimsicality, ire and a touch of nostalgia. THERE WAS NO FUNNY FACE THING THAT HAD THIS EXPRESSION! I think i would politely request more ...ooo and one on a scooter please.:tonguec:

Comments

• NamelessRiverNamelessRiver Veteran
    edited December 2009
    you mean stuff like this?

jumping0015.gifjumping0018.gifjumping0040.gif
    jumping0044.gif
    jumping0041.gif

Just try http://www.mysmiley.net/
  • edited December 2009
    whhhooooooooppppppeeyyyyyyyyy!!! Watch me use these babies now!
  • edited December 2009
    fighting0040.gif

did it work?
  • edited December 2009
    Yes!! Here is the NKT v the TGIE...enjoy all fans of dualistics!
  • edited December 2009
    Blast...my work computer just banned me from accessing this site - Lincoln please can you put them on this site somehow? Not that I'm attached or anything.
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Please Don't.

I find it so sickening when people say the most callous things and then insert their little smiley faces.

Less is more!
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited December 2009
    :screwy: :viking: :facepalm: :coffee: :dunce:

Recent additions to Icrontic that never made it over here. No, no bouncing ball faces :hrm:

(the codes above are, in order: screwy, viking, facepalm, cofee, and dunce)

Oh the important work I am tasked with. :p
    edited December 2009
    No more "smiles?"

Lincoln you rule!

Have no time for phoney smiles
    Just need some space full of grace
    I would walk for miles and miles
    To evade a faithless face.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited December 2009
    Smilies are for emoting, not annoying the crap out of the reader. :ninja:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2009
    :om:
  • edited December 2009
    wow..wasn't expecting that. Noted
    edited December 2009
    Hey, Blueface, NKT v the TGIE (whatever that is!) has nothing to do with my objections noted above.

Someone could have a page full of emoticons and it would be OK with me.

What I strongly object to is a smiling emoticon being used after some snide or callous response to someone. That's just very shallow and insulting. Irritating also, but mostly just low-down rude.

But then, I live in the South, where good manners are prized and inculcated.

May the Force Be With You!
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited December 2009
    "It's not unethical if you do it with a smile..."
    edited December 2009
    fivebells wrote: »
    "It's not unethical if you do it with a smile..."

:cool: SWEET!

But, that's not gonna stop me from voicing my objections when it's done to me!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited December 2009
    I hate it when people try to lighten the content of their posts, by inserting 'LOL' indiscriminately....

I recently read this on another forum - honestly - and it just seemed ludicrous...
    Hi, I've just dumped my GF LOL but she keeps persuing (sic) me LOL and she's getting really irritating LOL. How can I stop her showing up everywhere? Even my buddies have noticed she won't leave me alone LOL and they're getting as p1$$ed off as I am LOL What do you guys do? How do you stop chicks from chasing you when you've dumped them LOL?

to be fair, most members came in and ripped him a new one for 'Lolling' so much....

LOL.....
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited December 2009
    Nirvana wrote: »
    :cool: SWEET!

But, that's not gonna stop me from voicing my objections when it's done to me!

Just do it with a smile, 'mkay? It hurts so much less when you do it with a smile.
    edited December 2009
    fivebells wrote: »
    Just do it with a smile, 'mkay? It hurts so much less when you do it with a smile.

They call that untherapeutic communication, do they?
  • edited December 2009
    Genuinely curious - What is LOL? You can tell I only bother with one forum!

Some possibilities I've thought of -

Lame Old Lettuce

Leotards Only, Ladies

Life Obviously Leaks

...Just ignore me...
    edited December 2009
    Laughing Out Loud...
    It progresses to -

ROTFL....Rolling on the Floor Laughing.....
    and finishes with -
    ROTFLMFAO -

Rolling on the Floor Laughing My Flippin' Ass Off

(only, I don't really know many people who'd use the term 'flippin'.... I think they might insert a slightly more expressive word, there..... :D)

Hope it helps! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    I personally do not use smilies... But I have been known to drop the occasional thread bomb. ;)
    edited December 2009
    federica wrote: »
    I hate it when people try to lighten the content of their posts, by inserting 'LOL' indiscriminately....

Yeah, Fede, people starting, punctuating, and ending their posts with LOL is just too much silly banter. I'm hoping it will go OUT with the Oughts, come Jan. 1. It's so 2000's.

It's so tiresome and detracts from the message:

"LOL, my mother is an axe-murderer and she just did away with my old man. LOL, she didn't get away with it, though. LOL, when the police came for her, LOL..."

I don't know people who laugh every time they make a simple statement.

Perhaps, uh, I might try, er, interjecting, uh, uh, a few extra syllables when, er, I would pause for a word or, er, something....er, while speaking. At least, though annoying, it wouldn't cheapen the value of a sincere laugh every now and then.

funny-dog-pictures-cone-lol.jpg
    funny-pictures-lol-squid.jpg
    edited December 2009
    Yuck!

I prefer the magic Lady's coloratura.
    Canned laughter is not a good thing, so off with their heads! (Said the Queen of the Night.)