Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

You know what this place could do with...

cazcaz VeteranUnited Kingdom Veteran
edited January 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
A chatroom perhapes, there's always alot of people online it would be far more fun to chat via a live connection. If at all possible :o

Comments

• edited January 2010
    I second the motion. :uphand:
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited January 2010
    It's a nice idea, but I probably wouldn't use it. It's nice to have more control over the tempo when emotional stuff comes up.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    edited January 2010
    fivebells wrote: »
    It's a nice idea, but I probably wouldn't use it. It's nice to have more control over the tempo when emotional stuff comes up.

If you have an issue grab a tissue. :lol:
  • Quiet_witnessQuiet_witness Veteran
    edited January 2010
    I would like it too.
  • FyreShamanFyreShaman Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Chat is useful. Everyone accepts that we can't back our instant blathering up with research, or even make sense sometimes, but it does show that we're human. ;)
    edited January 2010
    Yeshe wrote: »
    Chat is useful. Everyone accepts that we can't back our instant blathering up with research, or even make sense sometimes, but it does show that we're human. ;)

I agree it gives a sense of depth to character rather then just badly written words across a forum...A chat function would be most helpful methinks :o
  • Love-N-PeaceLove-N-Peace Veteran
    edited January 2010
    It would be good and I'm all for it, however I won't be able to edit my post if I have a rant :o:lol:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited January 2010
    As good a reason for not having a rant as any I can think of....:p
    edited January 2010
    So are we all in favour of a chatroom hmm ?
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited January 2010
    I don't think faster-paced, unarchived conversation brings much to the table for a site dedicated to thoughtful discussion of topic matter that frequently turns nasty elsewhere. Our strength is controlling the tone of conversation. I worry that a chat would lose that without constant monitoring and I'm not convinced I want to take on that responsibility.
    edited January 2010
    I don't know, it might be nice, for a discussion between more than two people at once? Hmm, I think it would be good, yeah!
    And all the more reason not to rant...:o
    Love & Peace
    Joe
    edited January 2010
    Lincoln wrote: »
    I don't think faster-paced, unarchived conversation brings much to the table for a site dedicated to thoughtful discussion of topic matter that frequently turns nasty elsewhere. Our strength is controlling the tone of conversation. I worry that a chat would lose that without constant monitoring and I'm not convinced I want to take on that responsibility.

Well than we can only do it sometimes about something and we can practise self-control with out editing with the first couple of minutes if somebody gets annoyed. I think it would be good practise for myself to develop kinder speech :o
    Love & Peace
    Joe
    edited January 2010
    Lincoln wrote: »

Ive never seen a chatroom turn nasty Lincoln its the opposite case its usually message boards that get silly chat rooms have always been a more lighthearted atmosphere. :tonguec:
    edited January 2010
    Really? EKSALANT! I mean excellent...
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Why don't we just make a NewBuddhist Twitter chat room? Then we can all go nuts together...

Palzang
  • edited January 2010
    I like the idea too, maybe not so much for the heavier emotional things, but its nice to have a place just to chat inanely to others. Lack of editting makes for some funny comments sometimes too :lol:
    edited January 2010
    Sppirca wrote: »
    I like the idea too, maybe not so much for the heavier emotional things, but its nice to have a place just to chat inanely to others. Lack of editting makes for some funny comments sometimes too :lol:
    I Agree :o
    edited January 2010
    Look, I know we have the whole 'look like we know what the hell we're on about when we're just a bunch of nutters' look when we're in public, but until our ghastly secret is found out and a bunch of Buddhist Monks are found playing hide and seek tig let us go CRAZY! Let's throw our shreds of self-respect and maturity to the wind and go crazy WOOO WOOOO FIRE TRUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    Love & Laughs
    Joe
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited January 2010
    Sometimes you feel like a nutter, sometimes you don't...

Palzang
    edited January 2010
    I know what you mean. We should have threads saying
    'Warnig: Serious Thread'
    'Warning: Crazy Thread'
    The owner of the thread can change it whenever they feel the winds changing direction! :D
    Love & Peace
    Joe
  • edited January 2010
    a chatroom is a really good idea. i don't know what kind of things can support the chat function, but i use soulseek, which is a p2p program, (a very clean one), that has a great chat function and you can also download and share awesome underground music. which is OUTSIDE the bounds of rrcp or whatever that dammed infernal musicbusting drugbustering company is. THE RRIA
    edited January 2010
    Cool Pietro!