Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

How to properly quote

edited February 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
Hello,

Sorry for the noobish question, but I'm quite new to discussion forums in general.

Can someone please tell me how to select certain words from someone elses post, then have it appear in a box in my new post? When I try to do this it doesn't appear in a box.

Thanks

Comments

• specialkaymespecialkayme Veteran
    edited February 2010
    Mr. Rabbit wrote: »
    Hello,

Sorry for the noobish question, but I'm quite new to discussion forums in general.

Can someone please tell me how to select certain words from someone elses post, then have it appear in a box in my new post? When I try to do this it doesn't appear in a box.

Thanks

No Problem Mr. Rabbit. If you click on the quote button, you get directed directly to a reply. The individuals post is surrounded by brackets, the first being "(a bracket)quote=*individuals name*;*some numbers*(a bracket)" and the end being "[/quote]" you can delete anything within that text to sum it up, so long as you keep the brackets before and after the text.

If you click the "+ button, you can quote multiple people at the same time. Click it as many times as you want, then hit the "New Reply" button, and all the quotes will be posted there.

You can add whatever you want, as long as your text is after the box "[/quote]"

was that helpful?
  • edited February 2010
    That was very helpful and easy to understand specialkay. I was deleting one of the brackets.

Thanks a bunch.
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited February 2010
    gassho2.jpg

snowing.jpg

We should open our dharma eyes, and together we should help each other forever

- Shunryu Suzuki Roshi