Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Are you happy with threads getting closed so readily?

edited April 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
Hi, can I get peoples opinion on the above question please:)

Comments

• FoibleFullFoibleFull Canada Veteran
    edited April 2010
    I think if members are abusive, or if they are either unwilling or unable to participate in discussion with others, then I am relieved when the thread is closed. It doesn't happen fast enough for me.
  • patbbpatbb Veteran
    edited April 2010
    how many threads are getting closed?

Is it from many different peoples or always from the same member?

Is it always about the same subject or different one?

If it is from the same member, about the same subject, I think this member could have his own place somewhere in the forum where it would not disturb the other users...

This seems to be a solution that would please everyone.
  • edited April 2010
    I think you might be pushing it, Mat. The mods have been very patient and not at all unreasonable, but posting a poll like this on a private forum is like a slap in the face to the people who work so hard to keep it from going to hell. I'm a very patient and understanding person myself, but I would think continued "rage against the machine" might end up with you getting banned. Be a little more mindful of where you are, the reasons why these polls have been closed, and how your actions are only going to end up causing harm.
  • fivebellsfivebells Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Generally speaking, I'm against the censorship, and I suppose I shouldn't make an exception, even for threads which are a total waste of everybody's time. :)

However, this is not a democracy.
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited April 2010
    What is irony? This.
This discussion has been closed.