Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Thanks for this site!

edited April 2010 in NewBuddhist.com
I just want to thank the owner, moderators, and members of this site for making this place exist.

It's great to have a place to hang out online with other Buddhists (and aspiring Buddhists) and talk about really interesting topics.

Thank you! :D

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Cheers, zendo. :)
  • NirvanaNirvana aka BUBBA   `     `   South Carolina, USA Veteran
    edited April 2010
    zendo wrote: »
    It's great to have a place to hang out online with other Buddhists (and aspiring Buddhists) and talk about really interesting topics.

Thank you! :D

Spot on, Zendo! Why, we're 98.3% "grown-ups" here!
  • edited April 2010
    I would also like to express my appreciation to the owners, moderators, and members of this site. I really learnt a lot from the posts in this forum.

Thank you :)
  • Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
    edited April 2010
    Yeah it's a cool place IMO
  • edited April 2010
    I'm also delighted to have found this site. Thank you to all involved in running it and keeping it a good place to be.
  • edited April 2010
    Just reading through old threads has given me answers to questions I didn't even know i had...
  • edited April 2010
    I'd like to add my thanks also. Before NewBuddhist, I hadn't posted more than maybe 5 times total on any forum... anywhere. And now here I am with a few hundred posts on a single forum. Never would've thought it possible (for me). :)

Also, I've tried other forums (Dhamma Wheel and Dharma Wheel, one Thera and one Maha) since I've been here and find that NewBuddhist is less "elitist"; there's more respectful cooperation here between Buddhists of all traditions, without it feeling like one school or another is being considered greater or lesser than another.

I think it's better when we all work together than when we start separating ourselves. Segregation breeds stagnation and opposition to anything outside of that particular group. It also leads to more of a group mind, where the individual is lost; absorbed in the "self" of that school.

Upon reflection I find it ironic that I'm not of any particular school but I'm always trying to show people how all schools/sects of Buddhism are worthy of the same respect. ;) Anyway, thanks again.
  • RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited April 2010
    It's also pretty cool that you get a free Zafu and a set of Tibetan butter lamps when you make your 1000th post. The other sites usually only give you a mala.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Ah.
    I see you have a previous set of "The benefits of Joining NewBuddhist".
    That copy is unfortunately out of date, Richard. So sorry...

I think you'll find that once you reach your thousandth post, we give you a bright, bold 1 followed by three 0's on your Post ID panel.

Well, it's the least we can do.

'Sides, the Zafus all had to go back as being faulty.
    Every time someone sat on them, they sounded like breaking wind.....
    edited April 2010
    It's also pretty cool that you get a free Zafu and a set of Tibetan butter lamps when you make your 1000th post. The other sites usually only give you a mala.

:lol:
    edited April 2010
    federica wrote: »
    Ah.
    I see you have a previous set of "The benefits of Joining NewBuddhist".
    That copy is unfortunately out of date, Richard. So sorry...

I think you'll find that once you reach your thousandth post, we give you a bright, bold 1 followed by three 0's on your Post ID panel.

Well, it's the least we can do.

'Sides, the Zafus all had to go back as being faulty.
    Every time someone sat on them, they sounded like breaking wind.....

:)
    edited April 2010
    Stephen wrote: »
    I'd like to add my thanks also. Before NewBuddhist, I hadn't posted more than maybe 5 times total on any forum... anywhere. And now here I am with a few hundred posts on a single forum. Never would've thought it possible (for me). :)

Also, I've tried other forums (Dhamma Wheel and Dharma Wheel, one Thera and one Maha) since I've been here and find that NewBuddhist is less "elitist"; there's more respectful cooperation here between Buddhists of all traditions, without it feeling like one school or another is being considered greater or lesser than another.

I think it's better when we all work together than when we start separating ourselves. Segregation breeds stagnation and opposition to anything outside of that particular group. It also leads to more of a group mind, where the individual is lost; absorbed in the "self" of that school.

Upon reflection I find it ironic that I'm not of any particular school but I'm always trying to show people how all schools/sects of Buddhism are worthy of the same respect. ;) Anyway, thanks again.

They say it's hard to keep beginners' mind, Stephen - thanks for the reminder.

Namaste