Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Desk-top Stupa

specialkaymespecialkayme Veteran
edited May 2011 in Buddhism Today
I would like to incorporate a buddhist figurine, picture, or symbol somehow into my workplace. I really like the symbolism and the look of a round stupa. I was looking to find a small, simple, round stupa that I could place on my desk at work. Something subtle, that would remind me of what I'm trying to accomplish, without tossing it into someone else's face. Anyone have any idea where to look?

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    I'll be interested in seeing the responses. I had a rather simple but nice Buddha figure that was actually designed in Thailand to wear around ones neck (almost every Thai man wears one). I found a very nice, but small gold (well, not real gold) frame that was about the size of half an index card, covered the back with some very nice blue cloth, and glued the Buddha figure on it. It was nice as a place to focus my thoughts occasionally, and rarely did anyone notice what it was. On those rare occasions when someone did, it provided nice -- but brief -- conversations.
  • edited May 2011
    You can read the ads in dharma magazines, for the businesses that sell Buddhist accoutrements, or you could look on the website for Snow Lion. www.snowlionpub.com
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I went to a beach, and found me some beautiful, flat, smooth stones, of varying sizes.
    I took them, and in order of size (biggest at the bottom) I glued them all into an ascending, layered 'sculpture'. It's a makeshift 'stupa' of a kind....
    My partner has it on his desk. he finds looking at it.... soothing.