Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

In light of recent events......

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited February 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
As with any forum, there are always those who try their damndest to make life miserable for others that visit the site. I was discussing with Federica, and I remember that this is referred to the Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory. Perhaps the following will help to clarify why some people choose to act as they do on the internet ;) :

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    I just scrolled through and checked out some of the others.... they're all pretty much as hilarious - !!
    Hey, Brains, didja see what I did there? I used the word 'scroll'... pretty good for a technical fudgewit, huh?!?)
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited February 2006
    LMAO!!!! Love it, Brian! Sooooo true. I especially like the fact that the theory starts out using a normal person. That's good.

Brigid

Btw, thanks again, Brian. You probably don't realize how much good has come into my life because of this website (NB, I mean) and you're responsible. You're planting tons of good karma for yourself. LOL!
  • edited February 2006
    Hello,
    Define what a "normal" person is? I've never met one!!!:wtf:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited February 2006
    I take your point Esau.... I have always considered myself Normal... but that therefore means that i am surrounded by an abnormal world population of 659,639,792* people.... and counting, apparently - !!

With approximately two-thirds of this population using the internet, and approximately two-thirds of them being on-line simultaneously - that's a lot of "abnormal" - !!

*http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited February 2006
    Esau wrote:
    Hello,
    Define what a "normal" person is? I've never met one!!!:wtf:

At the Victory parade, the parents of the young conscripts were cheering their returning children. All of a sudden, Mrs Smith exclaimed: "Look! They're all out of step excpt our Arthur!"
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited February 2006

At the Victory parade, the parents of the young conscripts were cheering their returning children. All of a sudden, Mrs Smith exclaimed: "Look! They're all out of step excpt our Arthur!"

Heh heh...

Sounds typically British :)

-bf
    edited February 2006
    Brian,

I think you hit the nail right between the eyes.

The internet is an amazing forum. Not only is it conducive to things like this - but you also find people opening up and telling you about things that I don't believe they ever would if it were a face to face conversation.

Plus, it gives all of us computer geeks an unprecidented release! We can FINALLY interact with the outside world WHILE STILL LIVING IN OUR MOTHER'S BASEMENT!!!!!!

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    Don't worry, BF, as soon as you are able to move out of your mom's basement, you should be able to "live in a van down by the river".

I agree...this site is wonderful and it has done so much for me. Kudos to you, Brian and Federica! :)
    edited February 2006
  • edited February 2006
    That was the best skit ever. I miss Chris Farley.
    edited February 2006
    Me too.

I loved The Chris Farley Show where there was that part with Paul McCartney .. an....and they were talking...d'you...d'you..m'remember that?

Funny stuff.

-bf
  • edited February 2006
    "Yea, that was AWESOME!!!!!". I was in the hotel across the street from him in Chicago on the night he died. The ambulances woke me up. Isn't that weird?