Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Meditation Thread: Post your meditation here !

Floating_AbuFloating_Abu Veteran
edited November 2011 in Meditation
Post your meditation session here ! Example: Sat today for 45 minutes after the cat woke me up etc.

Comments

• Sat down, lit the candle beforehand, and sat for a short time tonight.

The sweet sweet presence of silence. Fresh air.

Thankyou zazen.

_/\_
  • sitting zazen. allowing all the guests to come in and out.
  • For @taiyaki

Namaste.
  • Meditated 20 minutes :om:
  • 24 minutes in my bedroom... I miss the zabuton and zafu setup I have in our spare bedroom, but I'm sacrificing that space while my daughter is visiting... It's all good though, I appreciate that I can find 24 minutes in the day with all the activity in the house.
  • Another 20 minutes, some old memories, and the sun came out after 2 days cloudy november.
  • Two sessions tonight.
    First just before a dinner appointment.
    Second one - after I returned.

Dimmed the lights, lit a candle, rang the bell and sat down on my zafu to meditate. Spine straight, mudra, breath relaxed, zazen - 30 minutes.

Thankyou to you all for joining me, friends. I appreciate it very much.

Gassho.
  • Another 20 minutes :)
  • About an hour raking leaves yesterday followed by some time spent just sitting on the back porch.

• Cleaned half the bathroom and sat down after lighting an aroma lamp - peppermint. Drifted in thought a lot from old relationships to the presidential election. Sat another 20 minutes.
  • Lit the candle, bum on zafu, mudra, back straight, breathing
    40 minutes, mind a bit more unsettled tonight. All good.
  • While playing video games decided I should get some things done other than the vacuuming. So went downstairs, living room in chaos from my mom sorting her collections. So I went into the hallway by the stairs, set timer to 30 minutes and sat. I was having the sensation at one point that the internal voice that decides if the meditation is good or bad is just like a yacking brain activity and that really the house was just still with a mammal sitting there brain running, haha.

I wussed out eventually because I was restless and then saw that I had 4 minutes left. I could have made it, but there is no such thing as a failed meditation, so I did good.
  • did one hour of yoga. my spine feels sexy.

rest rest rest.
  • Anotehr 25 minutes, foot asleep.
  • Another 25 minutes, dog barking like an idiot throughout the session. :rolleyes: Time to brew a pot of decaffeinated coffee to match the blog theme of the day. :thumbsup:
  • lol I will sit later today and report back here also

Best,
    Abu
  • Dimmed lights, lit candle, bum on zafu, rang bell, Gassho, mudra, sit
  • This thread is fueling me to do my duty! (tongue in cheek) I am setting down on my rear... 25 minutes. Broken oven buzzer buzzing that we need to get fixed. Mom on phone in next room. Lets do it!
  • I am going to sit for 25 now. Will be the same process :-)
  • :clap:

I'll join you after a bit of coffee. Indubitably.
  • Completed. :cool:
  • Good morning, I did a 10 minute and a 25 minute session. The 25 was very difficult I was suffering agitation and just had to will myself to do it.

The 10 was supposed to be a 25 but I had an idea of a question on a book I was reading (about buddhist teaching) and I wanted to write the question down so I would remember.
  • Twenty five minutes after the football game when I had settled down.
  • I sat with the group for about 2 hrs Sunday.
  • Telly03Telly03 Veteran
    edited December 2011
    Had an interesting meditation today... I did a 30 min med, but was a bit frustrated at my monkey mind. It was probably the coffee, as I normally do not med in the morning, but since I have the house to myself for the holidays this year and nothing but time, I thought I would just do another 30 min sit.

Well the 2nd sit started out with me thinking about stuff like where my practice is going, but as soon as I reminded myself that there is no future practice, just this breathing at this very moment, I got a new focus like I have never had... There truly was nothing else but my breathing... It's hard to explain, but there was a sense of expansiveness, like I was not restricted to my body, I had no conscience of a body, just no boundaries... hard to explain, but it was quite an experience for me. The problem though was that as soon as I recognized the state I was in, like contemplating what was happening, even in the slightest way, I would lose it... Then I would refocus on my breathing to get it back... Then recognize it and lose it again, and the cycle kept repeating.

So today's was exciting in what I found, yet frustrating that I couldn't stay there... Does this make sense to anyone?

I'm contemplating another sit to see if I can get back to that focus and feeling.
  • I sat for 2 and a half hours yesterday. By the end I was getting pretty tired. My mom has traveled for Christmas so I have a lot of peace and quiet.
  • Had an interesting meditation today... I did a 30 min med, but was a bit frustrated at my monkey mind. It was probably the coffee, as I normally do not med in the morning, but since I have the house to myself for the holidays this year and nothing but time, I thought I would just do another 30 min sit.

Well the 2nd sit started out with me thinking about stuff like where my practice is going, but as soon as I reminded myself that there is no future practice, just this breathing at this very moment, I got a new focus like I have never had... There truly was nothing else but my breathing... It's hard to explain, but there was a sense of expansiveness, like I was not restricted to my body, I had no conscience of a body, just no boundaries... hard to explain, but it was quite an experience for me. The problem though was that as soon as I recognized the state I was in, like contemplating what was happening, even in the slightest way, I would lose it... Then I would refocus on my breathing to get it back... Then recognize it and lose it again, and the cycle kept repeating.

So today's was exciting in what I found, yet frustrating that I couldn't stay there... Does this make sense to anyone?

I'm contemplating another sit to see if I can get back to that focus and feeling.
    Sometimes I think the best advice I got about sitting was - no expectation. No reading about it, trying to get it, asking, sharing.

Good sit, bad sit, wild sit, dull sit, crazy sit, imaginative sit - just - stillllll sit.

It is our practice and it is beyond a wild ride or two, regardless of what we may learn or notice in those moments.

I think sitting is a bit like nature, we cannot force things to be a certain way. But we can cultivate sitting and therein allow the flowers to bloom in of themself.

Well wishes, and peaceful tidings my friend.

Abu
  • Abu,

I hear ya, im picking up that people don't want to hear about my experiences as others are not sharing... very well, ill stop. I don't understand the reason though... I would think there would be much we can learn from the experiences of others.
  • Telly: I found it very interesting to hear about your experience.
    Thank you.
  • Telly

Not at all.

With thanks,
    Abu
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited December 2011
    @Telly03, I agree with Abu. The purpose of this thread is to share. Don't think that due to no response people aren't enjoying hearing from you. Sometimes we just don't have comments to add regarding a post.