Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

charity

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited January 2012 in General Banter
I have been looking for Laplace to volunteer my time. Currently a housewife with no children and lots of time.

I went to a resort like retirement facility for assisted living. They actually interview and were surprised and pleased that I bake,crochet, sew, paint, sing, play chess, know an awful lot about the abrahamic faiths, garden and etc...apparently all my hobbies are age related to their needs.

I was wondering what people have done for charity or are doing ....

Comments

• Besides the charity funding, I don't have a lot of donatable skills, but I keep my eyes open for opportunities... for example, last Saturday I was driving back from a vet appt and noticed a protest going on against a new pet store owned by a couple heavily involved in local puppy mills... one of the mills was shut down recently because of the disturbing horrid conditions they discovered... anyways, I ran to a market and loaded up on bottled water since it was a very warm day, and handed water out to the sign holders. I also spend time on a website updating an adoptable list for national bulldog rescue services.

One act of charity I'll always remember was when I was in Iraq... a gift box arrived for the soldiers containing knit hats, made by hand from ladies belonging to a church. The support boxes of magazines, handy wipes and goodies were always appreciated, but when someone donates time like that, you tend to remember and appreciate the effort even more.
  • @telly03 sounds to me that you have lots of skills, primarily a kind heart and an attentive soul. Thank you for sharing that.

Although I appreciate the intellectually stimulating discussions here at NB. Sometimes its good to be around real live people.

Flesh andblood.
  • As a housewife, you should have spend more time handle your house cleanliness before consider volunteering youself ;)
  • @spaceless...I don't get it...you mean inner space?
  • You are so intelligently sweet and would know. as i have no inner space and i cant possibly know what your real desire. however its wonderful to volunteer if you are confidently please to ;D
  • Oh..my house is a mess...both of them.

Working on it. :)

• Your hubby is real live isnt he ;D
  • He is appreaciated, respected, and loved.

:)