Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Your favorite Dalai lama photos?

I am so indecisive it drives me and most people insane, maybe meditation will hep with that.

anyhow, I am aware that if i type Dalai lama 14th in google and hit images I will get 1000's but as I said, I have been completely indecisive this past week or so.

Anyhow, as I am constructing an shrine slowly, one of the items I would like to place is a smallish photo of His Holiness Dalai lama 14, but due tot he amount I can't pick which one...

Just thought Id see if anyone here would share their favourite photos (if any) to see if any of them inspire me to use, (if said person wouldn't mind)

Right now, I really like, these two, for different reasons:

Comments

• BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
  • Any lol, unless he is meditating, he is smiling and that brings joy to my heart as it is :)
  • He's quite handsome...ah, why are all the good ones gay, taken or close to enlightenment?
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    edited April 2012
    He's quite handsome...ah, why are all the good ones gay, taken or close to enlightenment?
    Most Tibetan monks are open to settling down with someone and living a secular life.... Are you looking?

• @dakini...lol...no. just browsing.

I'm married! Not dead! I can look.
  • Alison and the HHDL sitting in a tree, Kay eye ess ess eye en gee :p Good luck with that Alison ;)
  • Thanks Doug!

<3 the meditation one!
    Thanks Doug!

<3 the meditation one!</p>
    Here's one of him meditating:
  • Sorry doug, I mean the on your originally posted of him meditating. I will use this one if you don't mind :)

• ...Slightly off topic but I have to/want to ask....

does anyone else love the humour of HHDL14?

I genuinely find him rather funny at times...and find his laughter rather contagious
    Sorry doug, I mean the on your originally posted of him meditating. I will use this one if you don't mind :)
    LOL! Certainly do not mind. It's just that photo is not of him meditating. In his hands are a dorje and a bell, so he's praying during some sort of celebration or ceremony.
    edited April 2012
    ...Slightly off topic but I have to/want to ask....

does anyone else love the humour of HHDL14?

I genuinely find him rather funny at times...and find his laughter rather contagious
    Personally, I find his humor and laughter contagious due to his child-like and innocent view on many things. Although, and obviously, many topics bring out his seriousness and (by his own admission) even anger, his lightheartedness is so very child-like that it's hard not to smile yourself.
  • Doug...just for you :)

Doug...just for you :)
    Yeah... I remember that one. A true "lost in translation" moment.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    Does anyone else think HHDL sounds like Yoda?
  • I think he is the closest thing to Yoda we will ever have :) I'm thinking about jumping on a plane and going to Onterio in 2 weeks to attend a lecture he's holding
  • Looking forward to seeing him in San Diego and then in Long Beach next week. Will be receiving the Yamantaka Initiation from his Holiness.
  • cazcaz Veteran United Kingdom Veteran
    Looking forward to seeing him in San Diego and then in Long Beach next week. Will be receiving the Yamantaka Initiation from his Holiness.
    Hope your well practiced in Lamrim and your preliminaries.
  • Looking forward to seeing him in San Diego and then in Long Beach next week. Will be receiving the Yamantaka Initiation from his Holiness.
    Hope your well practiced in Lamrim and your preliminaries.

Thank you...
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    edited April 2012
    I think he is the closest thing to Yoda we will ever have :) I'm thinking about jumping on a plane and going to Onterio in 2 weeks to attend a lecture he's holding
    I meant his actual voice, but yeah I guess he's pretty much a Jedi master
  • One of my favourites ... taken by a friend

• One of my favourites ... taken by a friend

This is one I have never seen, also one which shows an expression I have not seen in his nature before :thumbsup:
    One of my favourites ... taken by a friend
    Clive Arrowsmith? I know that photo was used as the front cover for HH's book, "An Open Heart - Practicing Compassion in Everyday Life." One of my favorite books by HH.
  • Yes, and it is one of my favourite books too.