Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Way of Infinity

DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
edited April 2012 in Arts & Writings
I don't know if this fits or not but since this is the arts and writing forum, I decided to post it anyways.

The following was written a few years ago while I was just recovering from untreated salmonella poisoning. I was throwing up constantly for many days with no sleep lasting more than a couple of minutes (my being sick coming every ten minutes or so). Finally I was able to keep down some simple broth and slept for about four hours. I then bolted up with an epiphany which seemed to summon the creative force within me to reconcile my conflictions. .

Buddha took on a great and seemingly impossible task of enlightening every being. I had a notion that there would be one left who would not be enlightened and my heart went out to this being and Buddha. I decided I would volunteer to be the one left in the dark when I was confronted with what I believe is God (again, for lack of a better word).

The following post is what I wrote during the few hours of this experience. I also wanted to add that my logic tells me now that it isn't logical to posit more than one universe even if there are many big bangs and a multiverse style universe.
I certainly won't call it truth even as it revealed truths to me but it would not have happened without what I learned from Buddhism whether my take on it was wise at the time or not. Just felt like sharing.

The Way of Infinity

*Sameness and difference must be witnessed in all things absolutely from a perspective neither subjective or objective. In other words, you have to feel it*

There must be something everything has in common (uniqueness and change).
There cannot be two things exactly alike (sandgrains, snowflakes, universes)

One must be able to accomplish all.
All must accomodate the one.

Every(one) thing must eventually become the one (sum of all things).
Every(one) thing must eventually become absorbed back into the potential for all things, expanding space while taking up no space, thus becoming no thing.

No thing can dictate to the one or the all.
No thing can be "better" than anything else.

When one thing is added, everything must change.

As soon as there is change, everything is slightly different.

No thing may stay the same forever.

For all to be enlightened, one must remain in the dark.

For one to be enlightened, all must have been in the dark.

There is always and will never be all paradoxes.

Paradox is the realization of absolute confusion or change of set patterns. (One is truely the loneliest number)

When confusion is added, everything changes (grows, moves, etc)

A new cycle continues for the new change as all accomodate the one and one accomplishes all.

The many universes equals one multiverse.
Conservational laws are saved in the multiverse and do not apply to universes one by one.
Multi multiverses are covered by paradox.

Potential energy is the great constant.
It makes way for change (or space for time).

"Have fun and don't hurt anyone but let no one hurt you"

"We have learned all we need to about the Age of Suffering"

sova

Comments

• I really liked it. I took them as open ponderings rather than limits.

• extremely interesting post...got some new things to ponder over.
  • I like it too.
  • Sounds like the Phi ratio...in philosophical terms, no less...

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Sounds like the Phi ratio...in philosophical terms, no less...

I just googled the Phi ratio and have to say I don't get it. From reading about it, it sounds like it should appeal to me but the math is over my head and I don't know what it is supposed to mean.

• Not that hard to understand...it is a mathematical ratio found in nature...it also goes by the golden mean, divine proportion... you can YouTube it..IMO, God likes math!

• Your op just reminded me of it...your idea was not original! Lol!
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited April 2012
    That was pretty cool, thanks. I'm not sure how what I wrote would have reminded you of it, but I'm happy it did.

Except of course that it goes on for infinity, like Pi and dividing a whole by 3 (which actually reminds me of the Hindu Trimurti).

What you posted reminds me of the Mandelbrot set. In many circles it's called the God equation and kind of looks like Buddha sideways, lol.

• Fractals follow a strange Fibonacci sequence ...we are talking about the same thing, yes.

Pretty awesome!
  • That video is kind of like a DMT trip, just without the music.