Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

recommended donations

AMHAMH
edited July 2012 in Sanghas
I am able to attend my first full day meditation retreat! I am pretty excited. The fee is very low and states it is only for expenses ($35). Then it is suggested to give a dana offering to the teacher based on what you can afford. Is there any range here? I am doing fine, always places for money to go but I can give to the teacher. I was thinking $50-$60. That should be good considering others are attending as well. It is just the amount that sounds right and I can afford.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2012
    Do what you feel is right according to your perception.
    That's really all anyone can say on the matter, otherwise we just get into more tangled arguments about whether it's right to part with money for such situations....
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    I am able to attend my first full day meditation retreat!
    Do you mind saying what kind of meditation you'll be doing?
  • ah yes @federica, it can get complicated when it is overall simple.

It is a vipassana retreat. I have never been able to do a full day so I am excited to go and see what I think. I have heard good things about vipassana overall, and besides the fires are under control there (boulder, co) so it should be better to breath deep than a week ago. For those who do not know we have many fires in Colorado right now which among other things evacuated one of the mountain retreat centers.
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    Fire, heat is an alien concept in UK - we only understand wet and cold...
    Have a lovely time on retreat :)