Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Page X of Y

edited July 2006 in NewBuddhist.com
Would it be possible to only link to a few (say four or five) of the pages in each thread in the "page bar" at the top and bottom of each thread, with double arrows to click on to go back or forward X pages like most forums have?

(Some of the threads get really long and when you have a lot of pages, you get long horisontal scrollbars unless you have an insane screen resolution.)

Comments

• edited July 2006
    Am I really the only one this happens to?

The attached screenshot is taken in a maximized (with F11) browser and the desktop at 1152 x 864.
    huh.png 57.7K
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited July 2006
    Beautiful screenshot!

Happens to me too. Too many pages.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited July 2006
    ....I understand your frustration....I too asked Brian if it would even be possible to do a "carriage return" on the pages....(So yes, I'm still stuck in the typewriter era....!)....but because he's been a bit pre-occupied lately, I think it went by the board.
    I suggest to all concerned that you bash off a PM to both Brian and Matt.... hopefully either one or the other will get back to us.
  • edited July 2006
    It's okay, I understand about the preoccupation, I was just starting to think I was going crazy and that it was only happening to me, lol.
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited July 2006
    You can lower that considerably by showing more posts per page. If you go into your user control panel, change this setting:

threadsperpage.png