Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Daily Practise

Besides meditation what other rituals do you include in your daily practise of Buddhism. Just curious and hoping i can include some new ones in mine.

Many Thanks

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Explorer
    Besides meditation, recitation of the Heart Sutra and Metta Sutta, two very succinct yet profound texts for contemplation. Additional readings whenever possible. And most importantly, putting the teachings into practice whenever the opportunity arises through compassionate acts of loving-kindness.
    sovaGentleJanetBunks
  • I pray directly to the Buddha.

I do small offerings of tea/coffee/sugar/flowers, burning incense and burning a small candle near a Buddha statue.

I carry a prayer-necklace to do mantra's with and just to focus on the Buddha.
    JeffreyGentleJanetzscIndigoBlueSky9
  • I analyze my bodily, verbal, and mental actions before, during, and after their occurrence and use the eight-fold noble path as the measuring stick of skillfulness.
    GentleJanet
  • Whenever the coffee is brewing I do a mantra perhaps or a prostration. Whenever I smoke I notice the space there is that fits all the sense pleasure I have. Like a break from trying to find the right activity, because I am 'just there with it' smoking.
  • Life is the ritual. Just add practice. :clap:
    Silent Mantra during everyday being works for me :)
    GentleJanetMaryAnneIndigoBlueSky9
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited October 2012
    And just to bay at a full moon again...

Few things have widened my mind like
    an attentive practise of ritual less ness..
    I_AM_THATIndigoBlueSky9
  • zsczsc Explorer
    I try to pray to Kuan Yin as often as I can.
    MaryAnne
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    edited October 2012
    Wisdom23 said:

Besides meditation what other rituals do you include in your daily practise of Buddhism. Just curious and hoping i can include some new ones in mine.

I just recite the refuges daily. Other than that I have a simple approach to practice, basically regular meditation and mindfulness. I'm curious as to why you want more ritual?
  • Not sure if it's a ritual as such, but I make sure I read something inspiring everyday - could be on the web but usually a book.

Currently, I am re-reading Awakening the Buddha Within -

http://www.amazon.com/Awakening-Buddha-Within-Tibetan-Western/dp/0767901576

I highly recoomend it!

Have a good one!
    Wisdom23