Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

favorite way to prepare mushrooms?

sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
Hi! What's your favorite way to prepare mushrooms? Portabellas in the kitchen, but all recipes welcome =)

Comments

• Pork chops with onion + mushroom sauce. Yum!
    sova
  • Fry them whole for a few minutes and sprinkle with sea salt :) Yummy!
    sova
  • Portabellla rubbed with lots of salt and balsmic vinegar. Cook them on a grill.
    sovaFoibleFull
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    Awesome! Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I ended up sauteing them with olive oil, some pepper, and enjoying over rice ^.^ Feel free to add any scrumptious concoctions to this thread =)
    Jeffrey
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited October 2012
    Pan sautee flour coated chicken pieces in olive oil. Add shitake mushrooms and more olive oil (they suck it up) as it cooks, salt and pepper, and turn the heat down and cook very slowly as the mushroom drinks more and more olive oil. Add cream when the mushroom is cooked down and heat a little more to thicken the cream.
    sova
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    My wife does an awesome stuffed mushroom.

She removes the stork from the 'shroom.

Then she mixes bread crumbs, herbs (sorry, not exactly sure which) and goats cheese and fills the top of the 'shroom where the stork was.

Under the grill until golden brown.
    sova
  • Washed in cold water, and served on ice; sauces depend on what mood I'm in at the time. :D
    sova
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Normally only cook chantrelles or shitakes myself. Slice them up say, round about a quarter of an inch thick. fry in a pan with olive oil and a dash of salt and garlic (just a little!) eat plain or use as a topping.
    sova
  • CittaCitta Veteran
    edited October 2012
    With tomato puree, paprika and garlic. Add a pinch of mixed dried herbs towards the end of cooking. Finish with a dollop of thick Greek style yoghurt and sea salt and an optional sprinkling of lightly toasted pine nuts..
    sovaJeffreyBunks
  • Don't do Magic Mushrooms though!!! You don't want to end up like Dead Pool.
  • Metallica said:

Don't do Magic Mushrooms though!!! You don't want to end up like Dead Pool.

I'll try to avoid them.