Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Going away

edited December 2012 in General Banter
I've found that the media- tv, radio, print, internet, is driving me crazy. I'm going on hiatus. For the next few months, I'm going to listen to myself, those I love, my cat, the wind, and my body. See you later if I come back.
Zeroswanny84

Comments

• MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    edited December 2012
    ((((hugs)))) For your journey. :thumbsup:

Oh... and I really hope you DO come back.... soon! :-)
  • I only do print media. And a little internet. I find limiting myself to print media is actually pretty calming. I like curling up with a good book, and a newspaper. It still leaves plenty of time during the day for quiet walks and meditation.
  • Good luck, enjoy!
  • howhow Veteran Veteran

I try to do that at least once a year in the summer.
    Have a good retreat..
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    Unplugging is a good thing. Best wishes to you, and I hope to see you around. Stay warm!
  • Sounds like a good idea.
    (Silence for healing or something like that)
    Enjoy the break.
  • I stopped watching/reading the news years ago and it's done wonders for my stress levels. Good luck!
  • I've found that the media- tv, radio, print, internet, is driving me crazy.
    To late for me the damage is already done . . .
    Look forward to your return. :wave:

Ding Dong (Leslie Philips)
  • misecmisc1misecmisc1 I am a Hindu India Veteran
    take care of yourself. metta to you and all sentient beings.
  • BhikkhuJayasaraBhikkhuJayasara Bhikkhu Veteran
    I use to be one who was big on knowing the news and politics etc.. now I could care less about any of it.. I still don't know probably most details from the recent shooting.. right now I feel im of the world but not as much IN it as I use to be... and I enjoy that.. i'm done struggling, fighting, engaging in disputation, it's all a waste of time when I could be practicing :)
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    Feeling obliged to struggle, fight and engage in disputation is your training choice whether inside or out of a monastic embrace.
    Setting up conditions to minimize the distractions of the world are an important pilgrimage and focus to ones practise but it is often suprising to later find out how internal all those distractions actually were.