Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Well, it's over

JerbearJerbear Veteran
edited August 2006 in Sanghas
Thank you, my Buddha buddies. The progenitor's ashes are spread. I was the only one that really took it well. No real strong emotions about it. I was really kind of afraid some kind of anger or rage might get out more than sadness.

I may do a special handwashing ceremony later to officially wash my hands of him since I wasn't able to do so yet.

All of your good thoughts and waves of metta and giant hugs from Colleen (ty) helped a great deal!

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Well, I'm glad that this episode is over in your life and that you seem to have come to terms with it.

Peace,

-bf
  • edited August 2006
    Blessings to you
  • BrigidBrigid Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Good! I'm glad for you that's over and done with. I like your idea of the hand washing ceremony. I think that's a great idea and not just because I'm slightly OCD about washing my hands. lol! These funeral ceremonies work deep in our minds and I expect you'll be having some dreams about it for the next few nights. Coming to terms will happen, Jerry, as you already know because it's already happening.

Love you dearly and sending lots of warm, gentle hugs to you.

Boo
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Also an excellent time to practice tonglen.

Palzang
  • JerbearJerbear Veteran
    edited August 2006
    Tonglen? I don't know what that is.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited August 2006
    All the more reason to practice it! ;)

It's the giving and receiving practice. When you inhale you say OM to yourself and think that you are breathing in all the negativity in the world. Between breaths you think AH to yourself and imagine that all this negativity is purified. When you breath out, you think HUNG to yourself and think that you're breathing out purity into the world that will purify the negativity of all beings.

Palzang