Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Haunted trauma Japanese tsunami survivors

NMADDPNMADDP SUN Diego, California Veteran
http://news.yahoo.com/haunted-trauma-tsunami-survivors-japan-turn-exorcists-182857421.html;_ylt=AwrNUbCRHD5RSkcAG7XQtDMD

Is this post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)?
Or are these ghosts/spirits that wandering around because of their untimely sudden tragic pass away?
Or nature caputres/records these and playing them back for some people to see?

I do not know.

नमोऽमिताभाय, Namo Amitābhāya, 南無阿彌陀佛, Nam mô A di đà Phật, なむ あみだ ぶつ, 나무아미타불, ...
poptart

Comments

• Taxi drivers said they avoided the worst-hit districts for fear of picking up phantom passengers.
    This is very interesting, isn't it? Thanks for posting.
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    I don't know. I lived for three years at Bergen-Belsen, or rather the camp that became a hospital for the 'survivors' of Bergen-Belsen, and where I lived the death rates were in the hundreds-per-day for quite a long time. At the bottom of my street was a cemetery where the 'survivors' were buried (those who were alive when rescued by British troops, but did not recover).

The main hospital (now a Naafi complex and function room) was 300 meters from where I lived.

If ghosts were real, somehow linked to trauma, I would've guessed I would've been bumping into them all the time, but no, I've never seen a ghost.

Very sad for the people left behind though
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Acupuncture-based exorcism treatments are very effective for treating PTSD, I've done it. So the Japanese may be on the right track. I can't explain the science behind it except that the acupuncture points used must be the ones that govern the relevant psychological states (acupuncture points not only govern organs and bodily functions, they correspond to psychological functions as well), but if it works, who cares about the "how" of it?
    Invincible_summer