Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

11 year old talks about organic food

blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
edited April 2013 in General Banter
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=related&v=nndEZBQ9bds

This trooper talks about organically grown food.

"Sure eating organic costs more but you can either pay the farmer or the hospital" sticking it to the thieves!

Some things science should just leave alone.
Jeffreyperson

Comments

• I like to buy at the farmers market in my city. Great produce etc and grown local. I don't know if it is organic but I enjoy the whole market experience and it is local people.
  • Jeffrey said:

I like to buy at the farmers market in my city. Great produce etc and grown local. I don't know if it is organic but I enjoy the whole market experience and it is local people.

Sucks that were not more localized as in my town there is nothing of that sort. :(
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    Jeffrey said:

I like to buy at the farmers market in my city. Great produce etc and grown local. I don't know if it is organic but I enjoy the whole market experience and it is local people.

The other day I was stuck at the tire store for about an hour, and on the t.v. there was a program about the operations of a "farm market". Quite a bit of incompetence. And if they were running low on a particular type of produce, they'd just order some from a regular produce conglomerate.

So you never really know what you're getting for sure.

• blu3reeblu3ree Veteran
    edited April 2013
    I think the point the kid was trying to make was buying locally one can see the farm for them self and know their cows don't spend their life in a 4 by 4 foot pen. We are what we eat and if we consume some pig or cow watching his pen mates getting their faces bashed in listening to his buddies screaming fearfully hormones get released into the body. Then the human consumer ingests that meat that is flooded with fearful hormones and becomes the fearful cow.

For all the people that eat meat n such I don't see why more people don't raise their own chickens they are such little maintenance it's almost all beneficial. Besides in the end they will ultimately get their head chopped off and run around for about 15 seconds with no head. Then served for dinner
  • @vinylyn, yeah I suppose that can happen, but it won't ruin my day at the FM.
  • Besides in the end they will ultimately get their head chopped off and run around for about 15 seconds with no head.
    Sort of chicken Buddhas?
  • Or buddha chickens :)
  • lobster said:

Besides in the end they will ultimately get their head chopped off and run around for about 15 seconds with no head.
    Sort of chicken Buddhas?

Anything is possible!!