Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Where to get Buddhist pendants?

DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
edited May 2013 in General Banter
I'm looking for a specific style of pendant; one that can be worn on a necklace, is oval-shaped, made of a type of stone/metal, and with a picture of Buddha meditating. I've tried Amazon, but they don't seem to have the style I'm looking for. I would try eBay, but i don't trust them.

Anyone know of any site or online store where I can get such an Item?

Comments

• DakiniDakini Veteran
    Try Snow Lion.com They're a bookseller primarily, but they have a large jewelry & mala section.

There are lots of Buddhism-stuff vendors. Pick up a Buddhism mag at your newsstand, and look at the ads.
    Kundo
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    I like Dharmashop.com and Etsy for those types of things.
    Invincible_summerInc88
  • sovasova delocalized fractyllic harmonizing Veteran
    etsy.com -- handmade stuff by independent sellers from around the world :)

good to give such things as gifts! buddha pendants and all that ^_^
    Invincible_summerKundo
  • Wisdom23Wisdom23 Veteran
    Ebay is pretty good tbf. I got Buddha keyrings, in-car dangily thing lol and my mala from there all good quality just check the feedback first.
  • karastikarasti Breathing Minnesota Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Yeah Ebay is pretty common sense. Check feedback and don't send cash or do some weird transaction. My dad buys and sells on ebay on a weekly basis and has only once ever run into a problem and ebay refunded his money. I don't think he even uses paypal. I would be a little careful about ordering internationally, make sure you check location and shipping charges, because a lot of people don't check and then realize they just paid $50 to have something shipped from Taiwan.
  • MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    I like Dharmashop.com, too.... also try shakyadesign.com/jewelry or Hands of Tibet
    karastiInc88
  • DakiniDakini Veteran
    Hey, @MaryAnne, good to see you're still around. Haven't seen you post for awhile. :)
  • MaryAnneMaryAnne Veteran
    hey @Dakini! Good to see you too! :)
    I've been in a whirlwind of activities lately. My youngest daughter just graduated (cum laude) from the university, and we had commencement day. Two days later, big grad party for family and friends- over 100 ppl!
    The week before that same daughter and her fiance finally closed on a home of their own....
    They had been living here with me and my husband for the last 7 months, since their (rented) house got flooded via Hurricane Sandy. Now all the new home preparations are happening (painting, new carpets, sanding wood floors, etc) and next week they -and their huge dog- move out. (I love them all dearly, but ... YAY!!) :clap:

In the meantime I've been dealing with some health issues of my own. So far, nothing drastic has been specifically diagnosed, but I do have more testing to be done in a few days.

I've been reading some of the new threads on NB every few days, but haven't had much ambition to jump in and spew along with the others. ;-)
    Well, except for today... first time in like.... 3 (?) weeks.

KundoDakiniVastmind
  • TheEccentricTheEccentric Hampshire, UK Veteran
    Just wondering when you buy a pendant does it come with the chain or do you have to by it separately?