Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Interpreting my emotions and desires.

I have recently made a decision to take responsibility in my life and I am still trying to figure out the puzzle to get to a point where I can work on being more stable, present, confident in my skin and empathic. I have always been a dreamer. A thinker. I have been going through life analyzing everything, making up situations, places, times and persons. All with different story's and scenario's. I'm very creative as well, was an excellent drawer as a kid and am now a music producer. Creativity is always there. Idea's, concepts, story's they flow constantly. Anyway that's just a little something about me as a person.

I have been practicing mindfulness and meditation practice and it's opened a new world. I have come to the realization that I'm not necessarily my mind. I'm the one observing the mind. For the first time in my 20 years here on earth I realized this. I have always trusted everything it said without considering I have a choice. I pursued every thought and did it over and over again until I felt I made the right choice or came to the right conclusion.

I have noticed however that while I feel content and I'm definitely learning about myself there is one major bump in the road that's causing me to get lost in the present moment and into thinking again.

When I started meditation I suspect something happened. I fell in love with a person I was in love with 3 years ago. I was so deeply in love, felt such a connection to her, it was like looking her in the eye and simply knowing what she was thinking about.

Nothing really happened except for a lot of intimacy and a few kisses here and there but we weren't in a relationship or had sex. To top it off she was 10 years older then me (I was 18), I wasn't ready to receive kindness let alone love and while I think she knew I liked her I also unknowingly rejected a lot of her interest towards me now that I look back at it.
Eventually we moved on, she got with another guy and that was that.

Or so I thought. When I started mindfulness just a few weeks ago all the feelings washed over me in the same intensity as I had them then. I thought I forgot what it felt like but here I am, having a crush on the same person. How did this happen? Can you surpress feelings that bad that they simply didn't go away at all for 3 years?

The really weird part is is that this is a major deja vu. I started meditating, thought of her and the feelings popped up, and a few days after that I get asked to work in the holiday where she works. And now the situation is almost exactly the same. Chatting in the workplace, laughing together a lot, it's exactly the same as how I remember it going 3 years ago, and when I pay attention I can see the same spark developing in the same way it did then. It's so odd that this happens almost immediately after the feelings popped up, I'm not a spiritual person per se but still hehe.

Sad part: She is with someone.

Now my honest question. How do I interpret what I'm feeling? Is it running away from loneliness? Hurt? Is it remembering good times? Is it my ego wanting to have another shot? I'm having an extremely hard time figuring out my motives. I have come to the conclusion that I really do like her for who she is. Sex is never on the mind, owning her is never on the mind. But for some reason I can't explain this girl makes me want to be around her 24/7. Talk to her, listen to her, hug her, hold her and the list goes on.

What do you do in this situation? Is it a sign that I should run away as fast as possible to avoid a toxic situation for me? Do I be her friend and try not to get hopes? (nearly impossible...) My gut says love her, be her friend and be happy for her no matter what. On the other hand I might end up hurting myself for getting my hopes up and having my heart crushed all over again, I don't want to hope for anyone in a relationship, but she is someone special to me that I don't think I can just ignore or remove from my life, it feels so wrong, it feels like I'm lying to myself. Is this the ego's way of protecting itself? Should I trust what I feel is right or avoid pain in the longterm by walking away?

Any help and insight is appreciated.
Many thanks in advance, A very very confused guy.

Comments

• wrathfuldeitywrathfuldeity Veteran
    edited July 2013
    Truth be told, ought to happen to every young man. Somewhat similar occurred to me with similar feelings, thoughts and infatuation. In retrospect, she was my spiritual muse that got me started on getting it together...or another perspective, I projected my feminine aspect on to her and it was the beginning of my alchemical/Jungan/trantric adventure that in a real way culminated in my spiritual birth. Anyway it was a long-distance relationship thing, we eventually of lost track of each other. Recently, after 30 years, we re-connect (but a continent apart) and occasionally write and call to just check in; we're both in happy long-married relationships. The chemistry is still there but certainly not as intense...but more of an appreciation and gratefulness to have crossed paths. I kind of think about it as "star crossed" soulmates. Upon reflection it would have been disastrous if we had hooked-up or gotten married...I was much too reckless in my youth. Now I'd be much better, but really no way of that happening now...in many ways its a supremely sublime relationship with her.
  • NevermindNevermind Bitter & Hateful Veteran
    You are indeed confused. If you're not thinking about sex, and don't want to "own" her, I don't see a problem. Just be her friend and enjoy her company.
  • Woah93Woah93 Veteran
    Wrathfuldeity, that's a great story and I can only hope to be able to accept such a situation when it comes to that much distance. This women, though I haven't noticed it has always been in my life in some way or another.

Her mom worked with my mom and I would see her from time to time with birthdays, social gatherings, the occasional chat and stuff like that. I can't picture what you are experiencing and be okay with it.

It's really hard to accept, and I have liked other girls in those 3 years of having "moved on" but something huge was missing and that's the connection I felt with her without having to do a thing for it, it just was. When I think back the times that were good were actually what I'm practising for now. I was THERE, not a thought in my mind, just THERE and taking it all in. Atleast that is one bit of clarity there haha.

It's just "there", chemistry, love, soulmates what ever you want to call it it doesn't feel like this can happen with just any other girl I might fall for, she is sort of an extrovert female version of me like you said.

I don't know if I can let this go and fully accept it knowing that I might throw something away which will lead to settling for less with someone else a lifetime.

Walking away isn't the right thing to do I think, it's rejecting something for fear of disappointment. I might have to go with being her friend and appreciating what is here, although the hope of it becoming more somewhere down the line is deliciously toxic.
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    @Woah93 - it sounds less like a friend and more like a stalker - an insidious alliance.
    She is with someone else becauses she chooses to be - this shouldn't be a 'sad' event for you simply because she is not with you.
    Perhaps consider the obsession - the causes and the effects - what it drives you to and the creepy friend that you become as a result of it.
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Sounds like you need what is known as 'a regular girlfriend'. What efforts are you capable of in this direction? Buddhism being often 'celibate obsessive' is not a good place to start.

:)
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    @Woah93

Meditative news flash!

Everything you have ever grasped onto or pushed away is still connected to you.

The process of no longer manipulating phenomena in a meditation practise will eventual allow your revisiting of the effects of all these past influences again.

This allows you the opportunity to revisit them again but this time with the potential of meditative equanimity instead of with the former attachment and corresponding suffering.

To meet these re occurring memory releases with renewed avarice will just repeat and reinforce what caused the original attachment & suffering.

This can be an experience of the cleansing of past karma and it's resulting freedom or of befouling entanglement.

It all depends on what you have really placed highest on your altar.

lobster
  • lobsterlobster Veteran
    Meditative news flash!
    Insight whilst you wait.
    Wisdom for FREE. Get some now.
    We meditate. The world changes.
    Impress members of any sex with your cool Zen like Mind.
    Essence of Buddha. The fragrance of Enlightenment.

. . . I think we are on to 'something'
    :clap:
    wrathfuldeity
  • Woah93Woah93 Veteran
    Zero said:

@Woah93 - it sounds less like a friend and more like a stalker - an insidious alliance.
    She is with someone else becauses she chooses to be - this shouldn't be a 'sad' event for you simply because she is not with you.
    Perhaps consider the obsession - the causes and the effects - what it drives you to and the creepy friend that you become as a result of it.

I was saying it would make me sad to live 2 continents away from each other.

The effects don't cause me to pursue her with any sneaky plan of trying to "win" her over. But as I'm saying, I enjoy her company a lot, and there IS a connection that's simply more then just friends from her side too.

I have never been wrong about people based on their behavior so why should this be the case now? I'm having a hard time trusting myself and my judgements, but as for trying to steal her, or pretending for some ulterior motive, not really.

Of course I get my hopes up, but i recognize it as just a feeling, isn't it simply human to have hopes? Does that make you a stalker planning an insidious alliance? Actions say more then feelings and I have not manipulated her in any way, I act as me, and I say what I mean, nothing else.

I'm simply overwhelmed and caught off guard and obviously if I walked off right now I would to the exact same thing as I did in the past and I would not move forward.
    I have had my own set of values and rules in life which I try to stick by. Honesty, compassion, self respect and intelligence.

I guess I can't grasp the concept of letting go completely, I also feel so much guilt towards her cause I can see I rejected her a lot of the times badly while I didn't notice it. I was obsessing about why she did the things she did that I forgot about my own behavior and actions. I have never had a real closure on this.

Even if it scares me to death I'm seriously considering just laying it all on the table and tell her everything, and let her decide if we should stay friends or not.
  • Woah93Woah93 Veteran
    how said:

@Woah93

Meditative news flash!

Everything you have ever grasped onto or pushed away is still connected to you.

The process of no longer manipulating phenomena in a meditation practise will eventual allow your revisiting of the effects of all these past influences again.

This allows you the opportunity to revisit them again but this time with the potential of meditative equanimity instead of with the former attachment and corresponding suffering.

To meet these re occurring memory releases with renewed avarice will just repeat and reinforce what caused the original attachment & suffering.

This can be an experience of the cleansing of past karma and it's resulting freedom or of befouling entanglement.

It all depends on what you have really placed highest on your altar.

This does make some sense. I do notice I am approaching this ALOT more clearly then I used to, and I'm not getting carried away, I wouldn't have thought this through like this 3 years ago, and my view of her has deepened and is based on actual facts instead of dreaming, the problem here is it's making me like her more and more and liking her too much scares me a lot.
  • Even if it scares me to death I'm seriously considering just laying it all on the table and tell her everything, and let her decide if we should stay friends or not.
    If the feeling is mutual, go for it. It ain't over till it's over.

aMatt
  • Woah93Woah93 Veteran
    Thank you, I think it has to be done any how, just to get it out in the open and be done with it. What do you suggest I do with these feelings in the meantime? Do I allow myself to feel them? If I do is there a way to prevent it from becoming too strong for me to handle? I find it hard to find a balance be true to myself and allowing me to feel (which is a necessity to be in the now...) but not getting carried away by it.
  • aMattaMatt Veteran
    Woah93 said:

What do you suggest I do with these feelings in the meantime? Do I allow myself to feel them? If I do is there a way to prevent it from becoming too strong for me to handle? I find it hard to find a balance be true to myself and allowing me to feel (which is a necessity to be in the now...) but not getting carried away by it.

Allow yourself to feel feelings? What does that mean? You give your body permission to feel things?

Try not to obsess... that seems like the real danger, not the feelings. The "what ifs" and "if onlys" arising in the mind pull you away from the present moment into memory or fantasy. Stay awake! The more awake you are, the easier it will be to remain sensitive to her side of things (well, and yours) when the time comes to communicate. Otherwise you'll be distracted by all of the comparisons to your expectations.
  • footiamfootiam Veteran
    Woah93 said:

I have recently made a decision to take responsibility in my life and I am still trying to figure out the puzzle to get to a point where I can work on being more stable, present, confident in my skin and empathic. I have always been a dreamer. A thinker. I have been going through life analyzing everything, making up situations, places, times and persons. All with different story's and scenario's. I'm very creative as well, was an excellent drawer as a kid and am now a music producer. Creativity is always there. Idea's, concepts, story's they flow constantly. Anyway that's just a little something about me as a person.

I have been practicing mindfulness and meditation practice and it's opened a new world. I have come to the realization that I'm not necessarily my mind. I'm the one observing the mind. For the first time in my 20 years here on earth I realized this. I have always trusted everything it said without considering I have a choice. I pursued every thought and did it over and over again until I felt I made the right choice or came to the right conclusion.

I have noticed however that while I feel content and I'm definitely learning about myself there is one major bump in the road that's causing me to get lost in the present moment and into thinking again.

When I started meditation I suspect something happened. I fell in love with a person I was in love with 3 years ago. I was so deeply in love, felt such a connection to her, it was like looking her in the eye and simply knowing what she was thinking about.

Nothing really happened except for a lot of intimacy and a few kisses here and there but we weren't in a relationship or had sex. To top it off she was 10 years older then me (I was 18), I wasn't ready to receive kindness let alone love and while I think she knew I liked her I also unknowingly rejected a lot of her interest towards me now that I look back at it.
    Eventually we moved on, she got with another guy and that was that.

Or so I thought. When I started mindfulness just a few weeks ago all the feelings washed over me in the same intensity as I had them then. I thought I forgot what it felt like but here I am, having a crush on the same person. How did this happen? Can you surpress feelings that bad that they simply didn't go away at all for 3 years?

The really weird part is is that this is a major deja vu. I started meditating, thought of her and the feelings popped up, and a few days after that I get asked to work in the holiday where she works. And now the situation is almost exactly the same. Chatting in the workplace, laughing together a lot, it's exactly the same as how I remember it going 3 years ago, and when I pay attention I can see the same spark developing in the same way it did then. It's so odd that this happens almost immediately after the feelings popped up, I'm not a spiritual person per se but still hehe.

Sad part: She is with someone.

Now my honest question. How do I interpret what I'm feeling? Is it running away from loneliness? Hurt? Is it remembering good times? Is it my ego wanting to have another shot? I'm having an extremely hard time figuring out my motives. I have come to the conclusion that I really do like her for who she is. Sex is never on the mind, owning her is never on the mind. But for some reason I can't explain this girl makes me want to be around her 24/7. Talk to her, listen to her, hug her, hold her and the list goes on.

What do you do in this situation? Is it a sign that I should run away as fast as possible to avoid a toxic situation for me? Do I be her friend and try not to get hopes? (nearly impossible...) My gut says love her, be her friend and be happy for her no matter what. On the other hand I might end up hurting myself for getting my hopes up and having my heart crushed all over again, I don't want to hope for anyone in a relationship, but she is someone special to me that I don't think I can just ignore or remove from my life, it feels so wrong, it feels like I'm lying to myself. Is this the ego's way of protecting itself? Should I trust what I feel is right or avoid pain in the longterm by walking away?

Any help and insight is appreciated.
    Many thanks in advance, A very very confused guy.

I suppose you are a die hard romantic. Sometimes, you can't have the cake and eat it too. In your case, just enjoy the sight of the cake. The cake itself would give you too much calories which ain't good for your health. If you can't forget her, just rejoice in having her as a memory. You'll meet someone else, more befitting. Good luck!
  • Woah93Woah93 Veteran
    Well I can't even break off contact. Our family's are good friends so any birthday or planned social event she will be there, and I won't abandon my family just to be away. This isn't exactly an easy situation haha. Anyway I haven't told her, I can tell she is happy with her boyfriend and it would only mess things up. I owe it to her but especially myself to let this go once and for all. It sucks, it feels gloomy and empty, but it's for the best.
  • Woah93 said:

Well I can't even break off contact. Our family's are good friends so any birthday or planned social event she will be there, and I won't abandon my family just to be away. This isn't exactly an easy situation haha. Anyway I haven't told her, I can tell she is happy with her boyfriend and it would only mess things up. I owe it to her but especially myself to let this go once and for all. It sucks, it feels gloomy and empty, but it's for the best.

I think karma could explain it. You were probably emotionally close with each other in a recent previous life and perhaps still have some unfinished business. But karma does not predetermine everything and so now you must do your best to act skillfully. For me, the biggest issue in your situation is that this lady is already in a committed relationship with some other guy.

You say that she is happy with this other guy and presumably this other guy is happy with her. So the only person who's not happy is you. The Buddha's teachings clearly say that the happiness we pursue must never be at the expense of someone else's happiness. So think carefully and with compassion before you act.

• It takes the same amount of effort to forget an idea as the amount of thought and energy you put into that idea. Its like a reverse of progress, unthinking, forgetting. Imagine putting so much into one aspect, the only way to destroy it is to put in that same amount of thought and energy except in reverse. At least thats my problem, I put so much thought and energy into so many useless ideas and none of them will dissapear. Sure time passes and we think that idea is not there anymore,but the fact is that it is stored somewhere. I imagine my mind filled with useless balls of concentrated energy that just cant be destroyed individually. There are so many , the only way I can destroy all of them is to attack the source of these concentrated energy balls (the ego). As soon as I am able to defeat myself I can gain back all of that energy and use it however I want to. Its like a game were you put so much points into useless stats and now your like level 70 and you regret it, but you found a way to reset your character and still be level 70 so you can use all your stat points the way you want to,

I dont understand the concept of what I just said either, but it makes sense.
    edited July 2013
    @woah93 Perhaps my obtuse point was missed. But first, most of the forum seems fairly orthodox in the approach to avoid “the sins or entanglements” verses perhaps proceed with caution and mindfulness.
    However it occurs to me that you have an exquisite situation. Seems that that you have put this woman on pedestal; she has become an object of desire or affection…a goddess…if you will. Thus the situation perhaps calls for deity worship. In this goddess, you have projected an ideal mate; she has all the qualities, style, voice, looks and mannerisms that are intoxicating…making you swoon. From a tantric or object relations personality theory, you want to become “one” with her. The regressive direction would be towards the maternal/mother-child oceanic bliss state. The transcendent direction would be towards a more complex and yet unified state. Thus having this tension or being in internal dissonance is perhaps a cue that there is an opportunity for transcendence to the next level of understanding.
    Since this woman is very close and yet unattainable, this situation presents an exquisite tease or torture that has plucked you deeply. Knowledge of the “other”…in your case…woman may seem like a dive in to samsara…and it is…however, with a proper approach it is just another path. Worship of a maiden/goddess, honor of the mother, humbly serving the crone and sacrificing oneself to kali/darkness…presents perhaps more challenges than the ascetic renunciate path …but none the less valid.
    Perhaps with this woman you may not be able to have an intimate relationship, however she may be the spiritual muse.
  • Woah93Woah93 Veteran
    Well I really doubt that I have put this woman on a pedestal, or really that me liking her comes from internal glorifying. I'll be honest, my life is generally good. My passion is music and it makes me happy, I look at my experiences with a smile and I'm "there". I am paying attention to staying present and I feel great.

I am better off then I thought, I have close friends who care about me and I really feel like I am moving in the direction that I deep down really want to go. However, that moment when I think I can leave it behind, accept that she's not ment to be a part of my life in that way some thing always happens to draw me back to square one.

It feels like moving on is the opposite direction of where I REALLY want to go, on the other hand it's immoral and unrealistic to hold on, but I honestly think that she is the one I want to be with period.

Today I was ready to start again for instance, I was ready to let go, and suddenly we started getting close again and had lots of fun.

I don't really get my hopes up but when she says things to me like "Ha I notice you like everything I like, and I like everything you like!" and people start to comment on how we are a good pair of people I get a little hurt and start getting doubts again. This is accompanied with a constant stream of dreamy eye contact and humor with her in my job which doesn't help either.

She is honestly a female version of me, and if I said right now that I didn't want her to be with me badly I would be lying. I have started practicing mindfulness to know more about my mind and to gain clarity and perspective, but what if that perspective is what you feared it to be? What then? What if the objectivity of the present shows you something you can't really do anything with?

I will just compare other girls I will be interested in with her, and let me tell you they don't compare because while they may have the best looks, the best personality, or no flaws at all, they aren't compatible the same way as she is. Distance may be the best, but I already did that and it didn't really work, I will think I'm over it but as soon as I see her and we start talking again I'm back to square one.

That's kind of the issue, no contact, distraction, another relationship, they don't work. I have really liked other woman but as soon as it was over it was over, for some reason this one has always stayed inside of me and just won't go away.

I won't even try to make it go away I guess, it will just cause more thinking and avoidance. I just feel so ashamed and weird for having to deal with this when I see people leaving a long actual relationship and being over it in 4 weeks.

What the hell is wrong with me, why won't this leave my system? I don't obsess, I don't seek it out, but I just keep feeling the attachment/connection when contact is reinitiated and even if I haven't found it with others I don't really want to settle for less...

The worst part is that the situation has always unfolded in actions. Hugs and kisses and holding hands, deep conversations but never actually SAYING or TALKING about it. I'm generally very closed off as a person as well so talking about deeper stuff is really difficult for me as well so that doesn't help either. The fact that I had a lot of chances to do something in the past don't help either.

It's a pretty tough situation to have in the first month I started practicing meditation though... but I guess it's better then pushing it away like I did without even realizing it.

Once again I am generally happier then I have been in a long time when I wasn't aware that I still liked her. Seeing the "now" has brought amazing moments of beauty and bliss to me that I took for granted. So far so good, I'm just not so sure if this kind of connection happens often and I think I will be throwing away something really rare if I walk away now.

Anyway it just feels good to write this down and what I experience and your responses do a lot for me so thank you for that. Meditation is doing so much for me. "not having a goal" and "not trying to change anything" is actually changing ALOT for me so that's at least a huge positive.
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    From Buddhism Connect, a free emailing of the awakened heart sangha. Lama Shenpen talks to students about their questions.
    Summary: Desire for another person is quite beautiful and poignant. Even as one reaches out, the object of our desire is disappearing under our touch. The moment is always gone...Unrequited love is just as good for practising with as requited love actually. What a roller coaster! There is a living quality to it all that is beyond grasping. That is what we are seeking to rest in.

"A student asked a question about how to deal with the persistent feeling of attraction arising towards someone he isn’t going to become involved with. He asked how he can stop this happening."

Lama Shenpen:

The problem is your wanting it not to happen so strongly is making it more real. Intensity of feeling is not a problem, and even the thoughts that go with it are not a problem. Believing they are a problem becomes the problem.

There is no need to feel tired and fed-up with the same thoughts and same feelings arising all the time. Admire the whole thing - is it really you doing all of that? The thoughts and feelings chasing each other round and round. Relax and open out into the whole thing. It is quite splendid.

Desire for another person is quite beautiful and poignant. Even as one reaches out, the object of our desire is disappearing under our touch. The moment is always gone. How to be with it at the moment of its most intense beauty? How to just be with that? Unrequited love is just as good for practising with as requited love actually. Both are very interesting.

There are those moments of melting pleasure and then the grasping - the wanting or the not wanting, the sadness, the disappointment, the empty feeling and then off we go again into the mounting joy and pleasure. What a roller coaster! Yet it is empty, like magic, like a dream - appearing but empty, ungraspable and in essence it is something real beyond grasping. There is a living quality to it all that is beyond grasping. That is what we are seeking to rest in.

Does this give you a few hints to go on?
  • Woah93Woah93 Veteran
    I'm not sure I get what it means. Accept the feelings as just feelings and go with it? I don't really agree with the fact that desire is beautiful or poignant. I want to desire someone who can give it back to me, in this situation it's really just a waste but there's not that much I can do about it it seems, especially when I subconsciously compare others to her all the time.
    edited July 2013
    Woah93 said:

I'm not sure I get what it means. Accept the feelings as just feelings and go with it? (its an opportunity to investigate desire) I don't really agree with the fact that desire is beautiful or poignant (desire in the form of wanting a woman is beautiful and poignant!...and natural). I want (u want what?...to own, demand, control) to desire someone who can give it back to me (why and what exactly?...investigate this), in this situation it's really just a waste (oh...really...is it just grasping at clouds?) but there's not that much I can do (the "I" can do nothing and everything), about it it seems especially when I subconsciously compare others to her all the time (ah...again...the pedestal thing).

There are teachings/teachers everywhere...wanting and/or being a relationship is most difficult and sublime. Doing a retreat is a piece of cake...so u think ur ready...get your student robes on...go for it!
  • Woah93Woah93 Veteran
    That's truth and something that's a little bit more understandable. I'm just having trouble translating it into action. But isn't this just grasping at clouds? Whatever way you look at it I have a lot on the line emotionally, without some form of retreat or resisting I will be like a sponge, influenced by what happens to me. How can I proceed with honesty when that honesty is the mere fact that I do want a relationship with this person?

It sort of goes like this. Great day, had a few drinks together, drinks resulting into deep conversation, resulting into laughter and basically relationship way of interacting without the sexual. Everything is fine and it was just how it is. I get home and then I start to feel guilt about the feelings I'm starting to have again and I have to objectify and distance myself every time to avoid getting carried away. Maybe that's a part of the lesson this holds though, learning to deal with this without expecting anything more.
  • Woah93 said:

I will be like a sponge, influenced by what happens to me of course we are sponges...but then let it go...why keep it. How can I proceed with honesty when that honesty is the mere fact that I do want a relationship with this person? nothing wrong wanting a relationship..but to what extent?...let her know...then its up to her if she is receptive and to what extent is her wish...but she can change her mind...lol

It sort of goes like this. Great day, had a few drinks together, drinks resulting into deep conversation, resulting into laughter and basically relationship way of interacting without the sexual. Everything is fine and it was just how it is. ok great...just appreciate it for what it is...a nice interaction I get home and then I start to feel guilt what, why the guilt? about the feelings I'm starting to have again and I have to objectify and distance why?...sounds like a defense mechanism to deal with your feelings...feelings are feelings...they are not rational nor moral myself every time to avoid getting carried away getting carried away....sounds like desire in the form of emotive imagination/daydreaming...why grasp at something that has not yet come or grasp at something that has passed, i.e., DEAD. Maybe that's a part of the lesson this holds though, learning to deal with this without expecting anything more its called appreciation and gratefulness without possessing or controlling...why grasp at a wonderful beautiful sunset...merely enjoy...then enjoy the next moment and the next moment and the next moment and the next moment.

Be a warrior of loooove...be forthright and courageous, mindfulness is your sword and humbleness is your action...devour your desire...but choose your battles wisely. bawhaahaaahaaa

• Woah93Woah93 Veteran
    Yes! That really speaks to me. Guilt is coming from letting me feel that way. I guess defense has always been my way of dealing with it.

Getting carried away is in a way daydreaming but it's not about the future or past, it's about those interactions that are happening recently, also I have been appreciating it for what it actually is but I'm a month into changing my habit's and I am breaking a habit of 20 years of constant daydreaming and internal reasoning/analyzing here, so it's tough and very tenacious to keep it at bay at times, especially when emotions of desire are involved. Think of the kid that's not there in class, always looking outside with a glassy look in his eyes. That has been me since kindergarden and I have always received comments about this in school reports haha.

Like I said in the OP it's sort of like an extreme deja vu. The connection is there again and I get reminded of the past a lot, and that includes the pain I felt after I lost her, so that's where the defense/guilt is coming from. I fear walking into the same situation again. In a way I'm really glad this is happening though, I am learning a great deal about myself through her like you said, if it weren't for this this would have stayed in the shadows until a later point in life.