Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Daze of Christmas.

lobsterlobster Veteran
edited December 2013 in General Banter
On the first day of Christmas, Fluffy Bunny decided to make a seasonal crumble. Apples were cored, pears, sultanas and dark muscovada sugar and powdered ginger stewed in delicious harmony. The syrupy cheer oozed indulgently under a topping of wholemeal flour and organic butter. A feast fit for Baby Buddha in a manger.
Under the grill, sat the seasonal offering to good cheer gluttony whilst we awaited the 'Lords a leaping' in what in Dickensian times would be the parlour. They came.
"What is that is that sound?" Five Gold Rings. Fluffy bunny and headless chicken, ran expectantly for the kitchen in case the timer had gone off.
Wait. Five Gold Rings!
Pipers piping, drummers drumming, no timer on the oven/grill.
Crusty Lobster sauntered to the pandemonium of a smoke alarm and a kitchen filling with acrid smoke. Three French Hens. The crumble stealing demons of the hell realms had arrived for their treats.
Headless chicken was demanding water and help. Fluffy Bunny had deployed a fire blanket and was holding it over the open grill oven in much the way fire lighters would hold a sheet of newspaper over a chimney fire to fan the updraft.
"Help her", demanded Headless. Eleven maids a milking.
With all the casual and smug calm of the seasoned meditator, Crusty was able to suggest, "close the oven door!" The fire went out.
Happy Christmas demons, did you have fun?
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree . . .

bonus track
Vastmindsova

Comments

• VastmindVastmind Memphis, TN Veteran
    I'm ready for Christmas this year. I'm in the mood.
    I went all out on decorations... :)
    Did not overspend and I'm determined not to
    overcook/over eat hahaha.

I'm still in a Happy Continuation Day Daze usually
    at this time...lolololol . This whole week was a
    fantastic daze...(Gratitude to all my friends and co workers)....
    anyway...I'm looking forward to the time off from work and
    doing stuff with the kids......Ready to watch all the movies in
    my warm bed with hot tea.......

The song video ??? My human gave to me....
    hahaha...I think you had too much rum cake lolololol
    sovalobster