Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My third eye area feels like its going to pop

I used to only feel this during meditation over the past few days. But suddenly it just wont go away. I can describe the pain as the feeling you get when you roll your eyes to the top and you feel a pain. I feel that just above my eyebrows. I dont know what to do , it hurts.

Comments

• DharmaMcBumDharmaMcBum Spacebus Wheelman York, UK Veteran
    You're either developing a cold, overdue an eyetest or should see a doctor. Really.
    jae
  • howhow Veteran Veteran
    Relax! Stop pushing! Just be what you are rather than what you'd like to be.
    If the pain doesn't subside, check if you are deliberately focusing on one sense to the detriment of the others. If so, allow your mindfulness a less restricted range to roam.
  • BunksBunks Australia Veteran
    Sinus trouble?
    DharmaMcBumanatamanVastmind
  • How are you meditating?
  • Try skipping meditation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancemeditation
    in a circle or standing rocking side to side with your eyes closed . . . for a while . . . before sitting

or do this to relax your eye tension
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancemeditation

Don't worry your chakras are not exploding.
    Vastmind
  • anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran
    I agree with @Bunks - get a Dr to check out your sinuses, take your blood pressure and temperature - sinusitis can be pretty painful - just got through something similar, but good old modern antibiotics sorted it out!
    lobsterVastmindBunks
  • Does it only happen during meditation, @heyimacrab ?
  • or do this to relax your eye tension
    Sorry meant to give you a link to yogic eye exercises and gave you two sets of dancercise url.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Learn to ground the energy downwards to the hare/navel area.

Stop focusing too much on the forehead and start to tune into the feet and release the energy into the earth.

Balance is everything or you're going to be in pain a lot.
  • taiyaki said:

Learn to ground the energy downwards to the hare/navel area.

Stop focusing too much on the forehead and start to tune into the feet and release the energy into the earth.

Balance is everything or you're going to be in pain a lot.

this helped
    DharmaMcBum
  • I had a problem just like this! I had a horrible throbbing sensation just above between my eyebrows and it went on for weeks. It turned out I had a sinus infection and I basically had a head full of mucus! (Yum!) Go and see your doc, myfriend and you'll no doubt be on your way to a non-throbbing forehead fiesta of calmness!
  • I used to only feel this during meditation over the past few days. But suddenly it just wont go away. I can describe the pain as the feeling you get when you roll your eyes to the top and you feel a pain. I feel that just above my eyebrows. I dont know what to do , it hurts.

Go to the beach and take a sip of lemonade as you watch the sunset.