Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Net Neutrality: Comment with the FCC (US)

LincLinc Site ownerDetroit Moderator

John Oliver knocks it out of the park. I filed a comment with the FCC after watching this, and suggest you do the same.

NirvanaDaltheJigsawanataman

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

All I can do is to give Moral Support.....

• CittaCitta Veteran

Off topic I know, but its good to see that young John has had a decent haircut and that he retains his Brummieness.

Back to topic...

• genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran

OK ... I sent in a comment.

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

Where do you go to give a comment? Just on the youtube?

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

http://www.fcc.gov/comments

found this but cannot find commenting section

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Gentle Man Veteran

Go here:

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=lzg8y
    The proceeeding number showed right when I did this.

• VictoriousVictorious Grim Veteran

Brilliant!

@Jeffrey said:
    http://www.fcc.gov/comments

found this but cannot find commenting section

There is a blue button on the top with the caption "Take Action". Thats it I think.

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited June 2014

Thanks. What is a 'proceeding number'?

edited June 2014

Do you mean Proceeding #?

Sorry I live on the other side of the Great Ocean in a small insignificant country. I have no Idea what the FCC is or what a FCC proceeding is.

• JeffreyJeffrey Veteran

Is this

http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/upload/display?z=lzg8y

the right place? It asks for a proceeding number.

@Jeffrey Um, yes right place. 14-28 is the proceeding number. It is the proceeding that deals with freedom of the internet.

For others from other countries: The FCC is the US Federal Communications Commission, which has some power over what companies that provide internet service in the US can do and cannot do. Some companies are lobbying the FCC to be able to charge what they want for some folks to have their sites transmitted over thier infrastructure. In theory, what the Comcast Cable company wants to do is control what goes over their infrastructure as they will, not as thier customers choose what to get. So lincoln and others are making use of the FCC's public commenting system to object to this, and urging folks in the US also to do this. If the FCC gets enough people complaining, they are likely to tell Comcast and Verizon to not do what they want rather to do what thier customers want.

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

That was great @lincoln; not sure how I can have any effect, but I support your action...

• TheswingisyellowTheswingisyellow Trying to be open to existence Samsara Veteran

Jon Oliver makes me LMAO!

Vastmind
  • ToraldrisToraldris   -`-,-{@     Zen Nud... Buddhist     @}-,-`-   East Coast, USA Veteran

@Theswingisyellow said:
    Jon Oliver makes me LMAO!

That's my new exercise routine.

Theswingisyellow
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator

This today:

is this good news, @Linc....?

Yes, Title II for internet is what Linc and others have been pushing for. Me too, BTW.

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator

Yes, "cautiously optimistic" is the phrase of the day. :)

Well hoo-bloody-ray for a bit of sound sense then!!

• KundoKundo Sydney, Australia Veteran

@federica said:
    All I can do is to give Moral Support.....

Ditto