Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Mature Evolution

From another thread:

I'm pretty sure that just growing up and maturing follows most of the same milestones as Awakening anyway.

Maturity independent of age and life experience? Are we in a sense, through dharma trying to accelerate our personal evolution/maturity? Are the experienced sangha and practitioners those exhibiting more mature traits?

Is it time to give up my wubby cushion for a firmer meditation seat?

Comments

• vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran

Oops, I thought that was a photo of nan.

lobsterEarthninja
  • @vinlyn said:
    Oops, I thought that was a photo of nan.

Tee hee.
    Whose nan? I think she looks a little bloated . . .

. . . give us this day our daily bread . . . oops wrong religion . . .

. . . and now back to any real dough rising . . .

• HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

The person you quoted in your OP must have put the 'r' in raving . . .

Raving aside, I can't help but notice what appear to be correlations. They look like correlations. The dramas of young adulthood versus those of middle and older adulthood seem to line up with the development of an individual self and then its surrender.

It reminds me (from the vantage point of 50 years of age) of an all-out barn-raising of epic proportions that, at some point in mid-life, looks a lot more like a mere scaffolding MEANT to be build and then dismantled to reveal . . . well, nothing :D but for some reason, that nothing feels perfectly right, timely, appropriate, and immanently workable :) .

Vastmind
  • HamsakaHamsaka goosewhisperer Polishing the 'just so' Veteran

In other words, that 'nothing' revealed as the scaffolding falls away was not 'there' before.

Or perhaps, it was not apprehended.

In effect, though, this nothingness WAS, indeed, the goal from the beginning.

Now, back to raving :D .

Vastmind