Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

spock

Is death truly a curse? There is little logic in condemning something one has not experienced...or does not remember experiencing

Spock RIP

Comments

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

Uh oh, I hadn't heard that news - really>he's - gone? Well - y'know.

I was (WAS) too busy being afraid of it - well only when I thought of it - which isn't often but to even wonder if it's a curse. Not so much in recent times. Lost my only son 5 years ago - he was a young adult (23), and it's all I can think about...sigh.

I don't think it's a curse at all now - just something we have to adjust to.

anataman
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran

It's not the event that's the problem it's the having to let go.

• Rowan1980Rowan1980 Keeper of the Zoo Asheville, NC Veteran

My wife and I compared his loss to that of losing a cool Grandpa. We both grew up on a steady diet of Star Trek.

• DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    edited March 2015
    I'm still on a steady diet of Star Trek. To a degree, mind you... No conventions or anything but I read about as much Star Trek as I do the dharma.

Death? I don't remember anything before finding myself here and my daughter will probably forget by the time she's old enough for me to ask her.

Even though I know I haven't, it feels like I've been here (as this person) forever. Like a goldfish swimming around its bowl for the first time, every time.

When I pass on, I will probably forget I was here in the first place.

To me, it doesn't seem logical to fear death even though every now and then I feel a touch of anxiety. I don't want my last moments to be spent in fear.

So... I am going to aim. Not much to lose and nothing to gain.

I think we are here to explore and have fun. Period. When these are not options, I feel we must help one another until they are.
  • nakazcidnakazcid Somewhere in Dixie, y'all Veteran

In memoriam, I watched Star Trek: Into Darkness for the first time. Now I really need to track down Wrath of Khan and watch it again. He will be missed.

• anatamananataman Who needs a title? Where am I? Veteran

Really? that is completely illogical...

live long and prosper \// /

• lobsterlobster Veteran
    edited March 2015

@yildun said:
    Is death truly a curse?

Hi @yildun,

More an inevitability. 'I am Sparticus' . . . Eh . . . Leonard Nimoy . . . Spock lives!

Death the Final Frontier
    These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise.
    Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilization, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

• Lobsterian tribute To Simon Nimoy (not Richard)

My Mind To Your Mind. My Thoughts To Your Thoughts. We Are One.
    Your thoughts to my thoughts. No mind to mind. We are a One.
    My voice To Your Mind. Your mind my voice are One.
    My Mind To Your Mind. My Thoughts To Your Thoughts. We Are One.
    Gone, Gone, Boldly gone where no thought has gone before.