Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Earthquake in Nepal

karastikarasti BreathingMinnesota Moderator

I'm sure most have already seen the news. Many prayers and Tonglen practices today going out to the victims and their families, the survivors who no doubt will be trying to survive in what will probably fast become a humanitarian crisis, and all those trying to help.

One of my teachers (who I mostly keep in touch with by email but is supposed to come for a couple months to do resident teaching in my town) lives in Kathmandu. Lama Tony Duff. Hoping he is safe. So much destruction. It just seems especially cruel that so many of the worst disasters the planet can toss up happen in areas where there is a lack of resources and infrastructure. Sad all around.

Also, I wish the media would just keep death counts to themselves early on. Everyone knows it'll keep going up. No need to update it every hour. :(

JohnMacElizRowan1980mockeymindpegembaraJeffrey

Comments

• JohnMacJohnMac Dr Scotland Veteran

I've followed the news today, I see that Lama Zopa Rinpoche is safe and well, I hope and pray for everyone else involved, many blessings to all.

ElizHamsaka
  • genkakugenkaku Northampton, Mass. U.S.A. Veteran
  • I hope and pray for Venerable Metteyya Sakyaputta founder of Metta Children's School . Her works to bring poor young women to education is such a noble task. I hope she is safe.

HamsakaRowan1980
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2015

@karasti said:.... It just seems especially cruel that so many of the worst disasters the planet can toss up happen in areas where there is a lack of resources and infrastructure. Sad all around.

I completely agree, but in a bizarre moment, the BBC published on their website, a picture of two victims, possibly having suffered some injury, lying on makeshift beds or stretchers - both on their mobile 'phones.

No criticism or ridicule intended, at all...It just seemed surreal....