Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Transforming dreams and similar things

Hi everyone, just wanted to share a dream I had recently:

I was in a big haunted house (kind of hellish), other people were around that were scared and sad. Several doors led to scary places. A little boy started to come after me like he was going to eat me (he seemed possessed), I picked him up and held him above my head for some reason, but things escalated and my feelings grew worse and extremely frightened. A lot of scary images were arising in the house and it grew. I suppose everything was so bad that some kind of instinctive reaction to a fear took place and I shouted "By the power of white magic and pure love let me heal this!" (not sure where I got the white magic thing). I remember focusing on and feeling the purest most powerful love. I distinctly remember thinking "nothing can harm which doesn't exist; there's nothing to harm" as this happened things grew lighter in images and then I was flooded with love and sort of non-existence. So, instantly all fear and all scary images vanished. The "haunted" house was no longer haunted and it was smaller. I felt so at peace and no-fear. I opened a door and I was in clouds and brightness. I looked to my right and there's the little boy from earlier, with his family and they're glowing and smiling at me.

Then I wake up!

So happy I remembered this one. Gives me confidence in life to transform those crazy situations. I just loved the imagery and transformation. Also, of note, I'm thankful for the beginning of the dream, it brought out a really loving part of me.

Has anyone else had any transforming dreams or similar things?

Bunkslobstermmodantepw

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

That's an awesome dream!

My grandmother passed away many years ago when i was a teenager. I was never that close to her to be honest. She was just another older person I ignored.

However, about a month after she died I had a dream that I was in her kitchen and she came up to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me she wanted to say goodbye to me. I woke up in tears! It still puts a lump in my throat thinking about it.

I am not saying I believe that she actually came back to me (how would I know?) but it seemed so real at the time.

lobstermmosilver
  • lobsterlobster Veteran

I feel that components of our nature and being are reflected in that which arises. Including dreams :)

@inyo said:
    Has anyone else had any transforming dreams or similar things?

I recently had a hellish dream involving some sort of parasytic vampire/zombie/octopus thingee trying to kill or undead me. Quite gory. Especially as I bit back ... Had no sense of dread or pain. Just another picnic time in hell ... Hey Ho!

I put it down to eating cheese too late and watching horror movies instead of dharma talks ... :3

As I prefer cheese and horror to dharma talks on YouTube (who said they are the same thing?) there may be no hope for me, unless I can engage with the sort of positive dreams resolutions you mention <3

Welcome to Newbuddhist B)