Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

An Ephipany - A short story

When do a great AHA moments or an Epiphany usually arises? How do we know its validity? Is it a personal or something universal? .... These are just a few questions one may find oneself pondering upon.

Normally, one would say a thing or two that may not only amaze others, most all surprise oneself. A little of this....a few of that....an idea of... But in general, nothing big enough to create something or at least be significant enough even to ones own personal point of view.

All this happened in the early 2000, it was the first quarter of that year. I was sitting and was just done preparing my bed on a makeshift "balsa", floating house. I was asked there to look out for a family business and serve as a security. There's a fish cage beneath the frame of the make -do house, trapped within its net are 500 cultured fishes waiting to be harvested. Serving as a security to our own cages, i found it more of a vacation since i grew up in the city and only visit it once or twice evry 2-3 years.

On a typical late afternoon, I would simply sit there, watch fishing boats pass me hundred of feets away, on their way to their favorite fishing spots , then go home early next day. Most of the time I would caught myself watching the waves how it moves across the sea. Trying to capture a clear image of how a real wave would look like. In effort to capture a perfect dance of the sea,as the wind blew, the waves transforms itself yet again to another of its own unique and beautiful ripples of the sea..Sometimes I find myself asking, "why cant I capture that image? For some reason they just kept moving and seem to me that there journey is endless till they disappear from my view." WIth that thought I would smile and realize that they would never be still. and told myself you wouldn't want to see the sea "still". staring accross the sea is indeed relaxing, at least to me , in its blue shiny waves and occasional sparkles created by any light it catches and causes glare when met your eyes.

Then it happens....at the time where the sun and moon saying goodbye to each other, I saw a flash of light travelling fast then, I realized it was a "falling star"..Growing up, I manage to keep that joy in me wherein I am thrilled and still excited to make a wish right before it vanish itself.

Still not over yet with feeling, I saw a yet again another shooting star, this time its accompanied by a group of falling stars trailing the same direction. Then it hit me, Im seeing and experiencing a meteor shower in the middle of the sea, at about 6 pm where the sky is clear in the dark night, wherein the houses there are not powered by electricity.

Bst view ever, If i imagine a baseball cap being the sky, i would say it was filled with meteor heading down in every directions. Thats the first time I saw a meteor falling down to earth not on a straight path, rather than a "S" patterned track. and some meteors occasionally exploding like fireworks less the sound and colors. All of this lasted from 6pm till 5 am where in the sun is taking night again.

So, it happened... I made my wishes.All of them. Every single wishes impossible or not, I made them..I didnt care whethere its true or not but that time I did care only in making those wishes. Staring the sky, saying those wishes as if they where prayers. Those wishes I made didn't really mattered to me if they came true or not, yet still they are sincere wishes..to me, the sky together with the stars show is enough in its sheer beauty alone..IN other words I made those wishes true and close to realty as possible, yet i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

SO I made the wishes, funny things is, in about 30 mins, i coudnt imagine anything anymore for myself, then I moved on, started wishing for my family and friends, still , in about 50mins to an 1hr I was done wishing for family and friends..Seeing that The natures display is still not showing signs its about to stop, I decided to take advantage of it wishing for those who have hurt me in any way, those i hurt, my country , and the world..Every wish i made then was for best of all..

before i hit the 3rd hour I coundt find anything to wish for, deep inside my thoughts , those wishes are good to go, besides, how many times would you be a ble to wish on a shooting star without having to worry that it will be gone anytime soon.. I sit their for a while, admiring its beauty, i recall that i few tear run down simply because I felt blessed of seeing the display by nature and yet I am there sitting alone by myself. I was not sad, nor lonely..I was more of happy..I thought for a while, if where with someone, chances are it will be an ecstatic experience as well, but definitely different..out of no where I made a wish, I wish there would be peace..

Then it hit me,,I realized when a man have everything in life, whether you'd be the richest or most popular, . at the end of the day , all he wants is peace, not only for himself but for those he loves..

And by the way, 60% to 70% of my wishes came true....

PEACE

BunksJeroenShoshinCinorjerNavigator

Comments