Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

A couple Buddhist/related netflix documentaries

karastikarasti BreathingMinnesota Moderator

I hadn't seen these on there before, so thought I'd share them:

When the Iron Bird Flies
Watched this with my sangha, it's an interesting take on Buddhism and how it could change with western influence

Awake: The Life of Yogananda
He is often associated mostly with yoga but had a big hand in bringing meditation to the west as well. The book story of his life is very good if you are so inclined. Haven't watched it yet but will be putting it on shortly!

Tibetan Warrior:
Documentary about Tibetan immolations and a man who goes on a journey to raise awareness. It does not get good reviews and I haven't watched it yet, but there it is.

Samsara and Little Buddha are both still on there if you haven't seen them as well.

Amazon Prime video has a ton of free Buddhist titles, including teachings from HHDL and numerous other things if you are a Prime member.

Vastmind

Comments

• Awake: The Life of Yogananda was very good. I was surprised that he had been active in Miami,Fl during the 1920's.

• JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter Netherlands Veteran

I missed The Art of Happiness, an animated feature with Buddhist themes, on tv here a few days ago. Still trying to see if I can still view it on catch-up.

• personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran

There's one I like called the tiger and the monk. Its not especially "Buddhist", its about a Theravada monastery that takes in and cares for wild animals, in particular tigers.

karasti
  • silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I keep passing that one up, @person but I think I'll take a look at it soon.

karasti