Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Motivation boost

NamadaNamada Veteran
edited May 2016 in General Banter

Lack of motivation often stops us for reaching our goals, sometimes we are in the right mood, sometimes not.
Sometimes we also hit the the wall with our head first.

So how can we come back on track?

A good motivation tool is to write 100 good reasons why you should do one spesific (and hopefully skillfull) task.

Your mood and view on the task will then change to the better.

Do you know about other good motivation boost techniques, please share :)

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited May 2016

@Namada

What is the difference between generating effort and right effort?

I am not so thrilled with motivation boosting techniques, as motivations are often deliberated will propellants whose inertia seldom take into account if the conditions that originally called for them, are still appropriate.

The best I can do is examine my sense gates for balance with each other to make sure none are dominating or obscuring the others. Here, motivations can take a break in the back seat and give equanimity a fairer chance at the steering wheel.

• NamadaNamada Veteran
    edited May 2016

Sometimes we need to grab on to something and then let it go.

Let say in a work situation, one businessman need to sell 1500 sqm parquet floor each month,
    this pressure he has, because he has bills to pay and a family to feed.

But if the salesman dosent have the courage to grab on to it and lack motivation to do so, things will go wrong.

Same with people who is overweight, they lack courage and motivation to loose weight, and they will continue to do the same each day because of old habit.

In these cases I belive some kind of a motivation teqnique or support is required, so they can change old habits in to better ones. As we all know that can sometimes feel painfull and we often refuse to do anything about it.

• silversilver In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded. USA, Left coast. Veteran

I can appreciate @How's response, yet feel I'm in the same boat, @Namada. I've been making myself lists for to-do and shopping for ages, and feel it helps. I have made and re-made lists until they're coming out of my ears, and it seems a good 'ladder' for me to keep tabs on what I need and want to do each day. I think the key you mentioned is 'old habits' -- to remove the emotion from them - not looking down your nose at yourself is what I've come to realize slowly. Don't kick yourself for 'needing' those precious lists, ha ha. It's also dawned on me that making the lists can be an excuse for getting up and moving on things....that double-edged sword thingy.

• lobsterlobster Veteran

A lot of our motivation comes from subconscious unskilful loops.

Reprogram them. How?
    http://opcoa.st/05XP8

Jeroen