Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

OP

What does OP mean?

Comments

• BunksBunks Australia Veteran

Original Poster i.e. person who started the post

• Thanks! Are there other frequently used acronyms that I should be aware of?

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited March 2018

TNH - Thich Nhat Hahn

HHDL - His Holiness the Dalai Lama

TBLD - Tibetan Book of Living and Dying - a worthy and much vaunted tome by the author and Lama/Guru Sogyal Rinpoche.

TL;DR - Too long; didn't read [all of it].

FWIW - For what it's worth

IMHO - in my humble opinion...

BunksTiddlywindsKundo
  • Thank you!

• One that shows up here a lot is LOL, laughing out loud. I suspect most times it's untrue, but nevertheless still feels like Right speech.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited November 2016

Further:
    ETA - Edited to add. Most members have a small pocket of time * during which they can return to their posts and alter, mend, delete, add or modify their content. Adding an ETA as necessary, helps, if the post content is being extended.

Should this time* lapse, and a member wishes to make such changes to a previous post, they are welcome to drop me a line with the post/thread reference, and I will amend accordingly as appropriate.
    The way to reference a post is to merely click on the time or date of posting and this automatically opens the thread in a new window, with the specific post as the header....Members should then copy the thread address (up in the top long window) and paste it into the PM to me, which will help me pinpoint the relevant post and make my job enormously easier! (Some members will now try this and think "Oooh, I never knew that!" :D )