Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Miracle of Love

JeroenJeroen Luminous beings are we, not this crude matterNetherlands Veteran
edited March 18 in Arts & Writings

I wanted to share this, I have just begun reading it, but even just the introduction has the flavour of a real work of devotion. Wonderful that it is now freely available over the internet. It is a book of stories about the Indian guru Neem Karoli Baba, who seemed to have the ability to inspire boundless love and was the guru of Ram Dass.

For me this is a special book, because it teaches you to live in a spiritual way. It makes clear the spiritual value of food and feeding people, it shows the meaning of food given by a guru, it shows childlike joy, it shows playfulness. If you want to know what the Indian tradition of spirituality through love and devotion (Bhakti) is like, this book is the clearest example I have found.

“In 1967 I met my guru. That meeting changed the course of my life, for through him I came to perceive my life in spiritual terms. In him I found new depths of compassion, love, wisdom, humour and power, and his actions stretched my understanding of the human possibility. I recognised in him an alliance of the human and the divine.”
— Ram Dass, ‘Miracle of Love’

Later on in the intro Ram Dass talks about the availability of his guru even after he left his body, through the stories and anecdotes that people collected about him.

‘Miracle of Love: Stories About Neem Karoli Baba’, by Ram Dass

Shoshin1lobsterDagobahZen

Comments

• lobsterlobster Veteran

Anyone who exudes quality attributes without seeming effort gets my vote/veto or other die-votion. People are attracted by the stories but stay for the blessing ...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neem_Karoli_Baba

One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world ...
    <3 I'll join <3

DagobahZenShoshin1