Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Master Wan Ko Yee Recognized as the True Incarnation of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III

edited April 2008 in Buddhism Today
Press ReleaseSource: International Buddhism Sangha Association

Wednesday April 9, 4:36 pm ET

WASHINGTON, April 9 /PRNewswire/ -- The following was released by the International Buddhism Sangha Association:

At a special ceremony held April 3 at the Library of Congress of The United States, the International Buddhism Sangha Association (IBSA) presented to the American people the newly-published precious Buddhist book called H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III.
(Photos: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080409/DC18794-a http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20080409/DC18794-b )
Dr. Judy S. Lu, Director of the Asian Branch of the Library of Congress accepted the book from the Venerable Dharma Teacher Long Hui, president of the IBSA. According to the Venerable Long Hui, the publication of this precious book H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III announces to the entire world the news that a true Buddha has descended into the world. This incarnated Buddha is Dorje Chang Buddha (aka Buddha Vajradhara), who is the primordial and highest Buddha according to the lineage charts of all Buddhist sects. The entire name of this Buddha is H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III Holiest Tathagata Wan Ko Yeshe Norbu. More than fifty of the world's highest great dharma kings, rinpoches, and other persons of holy virtue have recognized or congratulated His Holiness as being the true incarnation of Dorje Chang Buddha. Those recognitions were made in accordance with the standard rituals of Buddhism by which such an identity is recognized. No other person in history has received so many recognitions from people of such high status.
The publication of this book reveals that H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III Holiest Tathagata Wan Ko Yeshe Norbu is H.H. Master Wan Ko Yee, who now resides in the United States. People around the world know H.H. Master Wan Ko Yee as a Buddhist Master who is completely proficient in exoteric and esoteric Buddhism and who has perfect mastery of the Five Vidyas. Before His Holiness was recognized as the incarnation of Dorje Chang Buddha according to the rituals of Buddhism, Buddhists called him a great Dharma King because of his vast talents. They never imagined at that time that His Holiness is the true incarnation of a Buddha in this world. Actually, the status of His Holiness was already entered into the Congressional Record earlier.
H.H. Master Wan Ko Yee has been teaching and edifying people for several decades. In the past, His Holiness used the names "Anonymous Practitioner," "Ordinary Cultivator," and "Servant of Living Beings" to refer to himself. His Holiness has never called himself a Buddha. His Holiness has severely dealt with those so-called "eminent monastics and greatly virtuous ones" who claimed to have attained realization when in fact they had not. His Holiness has even more severely berated those disciples who are ordinary people yet claimed to be holy ones. Great karmic conditions have now matured in Buddhism that are of benefit to living beings. In accordance with these karmic conditions, holy and virtuous dharma kings, regent dharma kings, and great rinpoches of various Buddhist sects have announced the true identity of His Holiness.
The book presentation ceremony took place in the Member's Room of the Library of Congress, which is reserved for the use of congresspersons, at the request of the late chairman of the House Foreign Relations Committee, Hon. Tom Lantos. The ceremony was hosted by the Library of Congress and the International Buddhism Sangha Association. Among the honored guests who attended were congressional representatives, including Republican Congresswoman Hon. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, ranking member of Foreign Affairs Committee, ambassadors from the United Nations, ambassadors from the Americas diplomatic corps, and the Chief of Protocol of the Organization of American States. Also in attendance were dharma kings, rinpoches, and dharma teachers from around the world who belong to a wide variety of Buddhist sects, such as the Sakya, Nyingma, Geluk, Kagyu, Kadampa, Jonang, Chod, exoteric, Zen, and Pure Land sects.
H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III did not attend that grand ceremony. H.E. Denma Tsemang Great Dedengba II Longzhi Tanpe Nyima Rinoche, who is the person responsible for arranging audiences with H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, said that His Holiness was in retreat praying for world peace and for the safety and well-being of all living beings. That is why His Holiness was unable to attend that grand ceremony.
Famous incarnations of extremely holy Buddhas and Bodhisattvas, all of whom are of the highest order in Buddhism today, have recognized or congratulated H.H. Wan Ko Yeshe Norbu Holiest Tathagata as being the true incarnation of Dorje Chang Buddha, the primordial sambhogakaya Buddha. Those who issued recognitions or congratulations include H.H. Dharma King Sakya Trizin, the supreme leader of the Sakya sect; H.H. Dharma King Dodrupchen IV, the sole holder of the complete Longchen Nying-thik dharma; H.H. Dharma King Penor, the third person to hold the position of supreme dharma king of the Nyingma sect; H.H. Dharma King Omniscience Jamyang Lungdok Gyaltsen of the Nyingma sect; H.H. Dharma King Jigme Dorje, the supreme leader of the Jonang sect; H.H. Dharma King Taklung Tsetrul of the Northern Treasure lineage within the Nyingma sect; H.E. Dharma King Trulshik, who is a personal master of H.H. Dalai Lama; H.H. Dharma King Jigdal Dagchen of the Sakya sect; H.E. Dharma King Tsharpa of the Sakya sect, who was also a personal master of the Dalai Lama; H.E. Regent Dharma King Shamarpa of the Kagyu sect; H.E. Goshir Gyaltsab Rinpoche of the Kagyu sect, a regent dharma king and National Master; H.E. Dharma King Ngagwang Pedma Namgyal Palzangpo of the Jonang sect; H.E. Dharma King Xiazhu Qiuyang of the Geluk sect; H.E. Dharma King Rabjam of the Shechen Monasteries; H.E. Dzogchen Dharma Kings of the Dzogchen Monasteries; H.E. Dharma King Renzeng Nima, the master of Nian Long Rinpoche and dakini Dari Lamao; H.E. Urgyen Xirao Woxiu, the incarnation of Urgyen Lingpa, who was a great Dedengba; Venerable Yundeng Jiangcuo Rinpoche, the incarnation of Patriarch Milarepa; H.E. Khenchen Rinpoche of the Mindrolling Monastery; H.E. Khandro Rinpoche, the incarnation of holy mother Yeshe Tsogyal; H.E. Ganor Rinpoche; H.E. Dharma King Renqing Rongbo Barongbo, an eastern Tibetan dharma king; H.E. Green Jewel Crown Karmapa Dharma King; H.E. Tangtong Gyalpo Rinpoche, a famous figure of great holiness and virtue in Tibetan esoteric Buddhism; the Qinghai Kumbum Monastery, which was the monastery of Master Tsongkhapa; the Mindrolling Monastery of the Nyingma sect; and many others. All of these highest-level dharma kings, rinpoches, and monasteries of various Buddhist sects have recognized or congratulated H.H. Master Wan Ko Yee for being the true incarnation of Dorje Chang Buddha, for being H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III, and for having a level of realization and accomplishment unmatched by anyone else in history.
During his speech, H.E. Denma Tsemang II Longzhi Tanpe Nyima Rinpoche offered silk scarves to the precious book H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. He in essence said the following in part of his speech: The founder of Buddhism in our earthly world is Sakyamuni Buddha. Dorje Chang Buddha is the first sambhogakaya Buddha in the universe with form and is the highest leader of Buddhism in the universe. Amitabha Buddha, who people know of, was a disciple of Dorje Chang Buddha. Dorje Chang Buddha also transformed into Dipamkara Buddha, who taught Buddha-dharma to Sakyamuni Buddha. Thus, Dorje Chang Buddha is called the primordial sambhogakaya Buddha in the universe. If Dorje Chang Buddha did not exist in the universe, there would be no Buddha-dharma, there would be no Buddhas, and of course there would be no Buddhism or Buddhist disciples. Thus, H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III is naturally the highest leader of Buddhism. The book H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III is the most complete and magnificent Buddhist book in the recorded history of earth.
Master Long Hui of the International Buddhism Sangha Association said during her speech: Because H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III Wan Ko Yeshe Norbu is the true incarnation of the primordial Buddha, the wisdom of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III is higher than that of any other Buddha. His Holiness has the same status in Buddhism as the Pope has in Catholicism. The accomplishment of His Holiness in the dharma is higher than that of all others in the universe. That is why the accomplishments that His Holiness manifests in this world are unique. The book uses pictures and text to record numerous magnificent accomplishments of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III. These accomplishments are backed up by irrefutable facts. The contents of the book will benefit countless living beings. Because the level of enlightenment of H.H. Dorje Chang Buddha III is higher than that of any other Buddha, His Holiness can transmit a Buddha-dharma that causes the disciple who receives it to attain enlightenment and liberation within two hours. It is the fastest Buddha-dharma practice whereby a disciple can enter and leave a Buddha-land at will.
Those Buddhists of holy virtue who were fortunate to have attended the book presentation ceremony were very astounded and moved at what they heard about this Buddha who has descended into the world.

Source: International Buddhism Sangha Association

Comments

• SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited April 2008
    Having read the above, I have tried to trace the "International Buddhism Sangha Association". Google doesn't help. Can anyone point me to an eddress or address?
  • edited April 2008
    International Buddhism Sangha Association,
    3134 22nd Street, San Francisco, CA 94110-3219,
    PHONE: (415) 920-9816
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    Hmmm, interesting. Other than numerous citations of this press release, I find virtually nothing about this person or this organization on the web. Also I find it peculiar that someone would claim to be a "reincarnation" of Dorje Chang (Vajradhara). Vajradhara is the primordial Buddha, the Dharmakaya form of the Buddha, who by his very nature does not take physical form. So how could someone be a "reincarnation" of a Dharmakaya Buddha? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Does anyone else detect anything peculiar about this?

Palzang
    edited April 2008
    Palzang wrote: »
    Hmmm, interesting. Other than numerous citations of this press release, I find virtually nothing about this person or this organization on the web. Also I find it peculiar that someone would claim to be a "reincarnation" of Dorje Chang (Vajradhara). Vajradhara is the primordial Buddha, the Dharmakaya form of the Buddha, who by his very nature does not take physical form. So how could someone be a "reincarnation" of a Dharmakaya Buddha? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Does anyone else detect anything peculiar about this?

Palzang

Hence my question.
  • edited April 2008
    The Dorje Chang Buddha is the Primordial Buddha. Samantabhadra is the dharmakaya Buddha, Vajrasattva is the samboghakaya Buddha, while Vajradhara is the nirmanakaya Buddha.

Here is a website which you can find more profound information:

http://www.zhaxizhuoma.net/
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    Excuse me, but Dorje Chang is the Tibetan name for Vajradhara. And to repeat, Dorje Chang is the primordial Buddha. He symbolizes the enlightened state. He is not a person that gets reincarnated!

Anyway, this seems to me very strange. I looked at the website and I don't really know what to make of it. I did notice that this Wan Ko Yee person will be on tour in the US this summer and is scheduled to come to Sedona to see our stupas on July 21. The strange part of that is that no one here has ever heard of this person nor has anyone contacted us about him visiting our stupas on that date (or any other date). So my reaction is basically, huh?

And what the heck is a Dharma King? Is this some Chinese invention?

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    Here's something I found on a blog about Master Wan Ko Yee's art exhibit in San Francisco. Seems everyone is not so impressed with this fantastic art:

Master Wan Ko Yee is a figure with magnificent accomplishments in all areas. In all of human history, no one can compare.

I saw an insane art exhibit in SF this weekend. Insane because it seems to be built around a cult figure named Master Wan Ko Yee. I hesitate to write this because I can envision his followers somehow finding out about this and making death threats or barraging me with comments or something. Today was the last day of the exhibit but I think it's moving somewhere else in SF. I'll try to find out where. I urge you to see it. Here are some statements from the printed material on the net and that is posted at the show:

The mystery of these works will enchant you, and you will find them
    unbelievable! If you do not personally see such works of art, which have now
    appeared in this world for the first time, it might be difficult for you to imagine
    that this world actually has such beautiful and wondrous artwork. With the
    appearance of these artistic creations, all splendid pearls, jade, and gemstones
    become pale in comparison, like the stars in the sky being outshined by a clear
    moon.

During the thousands of years of culture and art history,
    never has anyone made such magnificent achievements as Master Wan Ko Yee.

There was some sculpture called "yun sculpture" at the show which was totally bad-ass. It was made of colorful melty stuff that looked like wax. When you go in the special viewing room a lady starts a tape reading statements that are similar to that printed above. She also gesticulates towards the sculpture at appropriate times.

In the beginning of the 21st Century, Master Wan Ko Yee created “Yun
    sculpture,” which amazed the world of art. The birth of “Yun sculpture” raised
    art to an astonishingly new height. During the thousands of years of human
    civilization, no one else’s sculpture actually surpassed the delicate and
    wonderful beauty of natural stones. Only Yun sculpture art created by Master
    Wan Ko Yee surpasses the natural world and its beauty! No precious stone in
    this world can compare with the beauty, mystery, majesty, and resplendence of
    Yun sculptures. Inside the Yun sculptures entitled “Boulder With Mist” and
    “Wonder of a Mysterious Cave,” there are grottoes that contain constantly
    lingering auspicious mist. For the first time in human history, mist has been
    created through carving skills. It is truly unprecedented! Furthermore, attempts
    by countless artists have proven that Yun sculptures cannot be replicated! This is
    a miracle in the history of sculpture!

The constant emphasis on the fact that he had somehow "carved mist" was particularly funny. It was as if they thought that every artist throughout time had been struggling to carve mist but had given up and only Wan Ko Yee could do it.

I saw a couple of other pinnacles of human accomplishment this weekend, the Poontang Wranglers and Neil Hamburger.

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    I did a little more digging and found out some interesting things about "Master Wan Ko Yee". Apparently he is a one man operation in Monterey Park, California, calling himself the United International World Buddhism Association. He made some money with an art framing business. He also has participated in Chinese propaganda efforts to discredit the Dalai Lama. The sole basis for his recognition as the alleged incarnation of Dorje Chang is a book, written by himself, of course. Go look at some of his so-called art. As someone pointed out on the blog I mentioned, it looks like vomit!

Just what we need, another fake lama.

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    An apropos quote from one of my teachers:

Guru Rinpoche says that in these degenerate times demonic forces (demons, negative spirits, and harmful entities) are intentionally manifesting, sending forth deceptive emanations of themselves in the form of spiritual teachers, appearing as great scholars and realized ones, honorable and disciplined on the outside yet actually harmful entities on the inside. They are intentionally trying to lead sentient beings into lower realms.

Guru Rinpoche also said that during these degenerate times there are many demons and spirits who will say they are deities when they are not. Specifically, there are nine types that will come into human realms to lead beings astray on the spiritual path in these times. These negative spirits will manifest deceptive displays, making it appear that they have reached the first, second and third bhumis when in fact they haven’t. They will display magical signs to cause you to believe they have. They will even appear as bodhisattvas when they are not. They will manifest different signs and miraculous displays, through body, speech, and mind, so inconceivable that they will take your mind away. Seeing these deceptive displays of power, beings with weak merit and karma will experience the arising of faith in their minds and will focus all their devotion on these negative beings.

-Great Perfection Buddha in the Palm of the Hand, Commentary by Gyaltrul Rinpoche, Yeshe Melong Publications

Palzang
    edited April 2008
    It is, alas, the fate of all religions and quasi-religions with a mythology of return as in Buddhism, Christianity and Judaism (and others of which I have less information) that charlatans and self-deceivers claim to be the 'final revelation'. In Judaism, there have been a number of 'messiahs', none of whom appear to have fulfilled all the prophecies but gathered followers. False 'christs' abound too, as was foreseen in the New Testament.

It is one of the real risks of the mystical paths.

This gentleman does appear to be about as authentic as a 'wooden nickel'.
  • edited April 2008
    As an outsider, we usually judge the truth from perception of other people who are also outsiders. I personally think it is not wise to determine the truth that way. I suggest anyone want to know the truth get a copy of this book and determine it by yourself. There are more than 100 well known Rinpoches recognize Won Ko Yee as the incarnation of H.H Dorje Chang Buddha. It is in the lists of original posting and I do not have to relist them again. Those recognitions all show on the book by written form. If those are fake recognitions. They should easily be announced by those well know Rinpoches.
  • edited April 2008
    The website belongs to Zhaxi Zhuoma Rinpoche. I post it for everone's reference only.

The US tour is planned by Zhaxi Zhuoma Rinpoche to propagate the Buddha Darma. As a Buddhist, one way we can accumulate our fortune and wisdom is to propagate true Buddha darma and Buddha learning.

Zhaxi Zhuoma Renpoche is a very kind person. Everyone is very welcome to meet her during her trip in the US.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    So, can you please explain why there is no picture of "Master" Won Ko Yee on any of the sites?

As for the alleged recognitions by the listed masters, we shall soon see if they are authentic or not. I'm checking, though I think I already know the answer.

Palzang
  • edited April 2008
    Thanks for "Laydee" in another forum, help me find one pciture of Master Won Ko Yee:

http://www.ereleases.com/pr/2004-royalacadfellow.html

Also in the website I post earlier, http://www.zhaxizhuoma.net/, in the lineage chart and down in the buttom links, show lot of the renowed Rinpoches in Tibetan Buddhism.

http://www.zhaxizhuoma.net/DHARMA_KING/LineageChartExtensive.htm
    http://www.zhaxizhuoma.net/DHARMA_KING/DK-Rinpoches-DT.htm
    edited April 2008
    vlin7 wrote: »
    Thanks for "Laydee" in another forum, help me find one pciture of Master Won Ko Yee:

http://www.ereleases.com/pr/2004-royalacadfellow.html

Also in the website I post earlier, http://www.zhaxizhuoma.net/, in the lineage chart and down in the buttom links, show lot of the renowed Rinpoches in Tibetan Buddhism.

http://www.zhaxizhuoma.net/DHARMA_KING/LineageChartExtensive.htm
    http://www.zhaxizhuoma.net/DHARMA_KING/DK-Rinpoches-DT.htm

I have a small problem with the picture referred to above. Apparently Master Won Ko Yee received a "Fellowship" but the RA does not award 'fellowships' - it has members (RA) and associates (ARA), all of whom must be working mainly in the UK. The RAs can nominate "Honorary Fellows"

I cannot locate any award to Master Won Ko Yee by the Academy, although his son appears to have received a certificate from the Royal Academy Schools.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2008
    This topic has been discussed elsewhere, and it's utter rubbish. Check out the hairstyle in post #5... anyone who looks as if his hair is styled by playmobil is a suspect character from the word 'go' in my book.
    It's nonsense. Take no notice.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2008
    ....Sorry. Same photo as in Post by Vlin7. Who may well be Master Wank er ly....

I did say that out loud, didn't I.....?? Pardonez-moi, c'est mon faux pas....

:o:D
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    Oy!

The only thing that really bothers me about this whole thing is that on his so-called "US tour" this year he says he's going to come to both of our temples, the one here in Sedona and the one in Maryland. We'd rather he didn't, thank you.

Palzang
  • edited April 2008
    So what you are afraid of for this visit? If you are a true buddhist, you should have the wisdom (or should I say knowledge) to determine the truth with face to face communication. If you have determined he is a fake, as a buddhist, you should have the compassion to direct people to the right way.

Forgive my language if anything offend you.

And sorry for not making it clear in pervious post. The US trip will be done by Zhaxi Zuoma Rinpoche, not Master Wan Ko Yee himself.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    Because we have had experiences with fake lamas before, and we don't need to have any more, thank you. Especially Chinese ones who are out to attack the Dharma rather than propagate it.

Palzang
  • edited April 2008
    So what you are afraid of for this visit? . If you have determined he is a fake, as a buddhist, you should have the compassion to direct people to the right way.

Because, from experience on here, and on other boards, it is a complete and utter waste of valuable time to even enter into dialogue with people who are convinced they are RIGHT.

I've just gone through all this on another board with someone convinced they had a direct line to the One and Only Truth ............ it makes for a very one-sided, boring and repetetive conversation.

So - thanks for the offer but no thanks.
  • edited April 2008
    Excuse me, but Dorje Chang is the Tibetan name for Vajradhara. And to repeat, Dorje Chang is the primordial Buddha. He symbolizes the enlightened state. He is not a person that gets reincarnated!

What about Amitabha Buddha? Doesn't he incarnate as the Panchen Lama?

Sorry, I know that's OT, you just made me curious.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, quite true, jacx, but Amitabha is a Dharmakaya Buddha, and it's not exactly an incarnation but an emanation (not quite the same thing). Also Dorje Chang , or Kuntuzanpo in Nyingma, is the primordial Buddha which is beyond all definition and limits. That is to say he is not a Dharmakaya, Sambhogakaya or Nirmanakaya form of the Buddha, he is Buddhanature itself. So to say that someone is an incarnation of Dorje Chang is rather ludicrous.

Palzang
  • edited April 2008
    Because we have had experiences with fake lamas before, and we don't need to have any more, thank you. Especially Chinese ones who are out to attack the Dharma rather than propagate it.

Palzang

There are more than thousands of thousand of lama in the world. Most lamas arn't "rinpoche". Rinpoches are incarnated people. And they don't have to be a lama in order to be a rinpoche.

I understand that 999 out of 1000 Ripoches are fake in this dharma ending world. Everyeone should be very careful about those people who claim himself as incarnated one, or the claim from their disciples about their dharma teacher.

There are very serious procedures for a rinpoche being certified as a true renpoche. Usaually it will need renowned dharma king (or we should say highly respeced rinpoche or Great Rinpoche) to practice certain dharma to identifiy a true one. The certificating ceremony of HHDL is a good exaple of this process. He can not be assigned by just any people or Chinese goverment.

However, here is the question: how can the incarnation of Buddha being certified? Who has the ability to identify a Buddha? Here is the answer: A Great Rinpoche can certified another Ripoche. A Buddha require more than 10 Great Rinpoches' proof to be certified. Either they have to practice certain buddhism dharma or observe in deep meditation in order to find out the true Buddha.

Few other questions, whether Buddha can be incatnated? Why they want to be incarnated? Do we need an incarnated Buddha in this world? Those are very serious issues for the buddhists to think about.

============================================
    DO not pretent we are a buddist if we only process the knowledge of Buddism. Only through the diligent practice of buddhist learning or dharma before we can reach the goal of enlightment.
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    vlin7,

It is perfectly obvious from your comments that you have no idea what a rinpoche is or how they are recognized or what it means to have a Living Buddha incarnate in the world. To say that 999 out of 1000 "Ripoches" (sic) are fake is one of the most absurd statements I've ever read. It simply shows that you are repeating the party (as in Chinese communist) line. I'd suggest you pack it in and try someplace else.

Palzang
  • edited April 2008
    If you do not agree my statement and think it is a communist story, why you said too many lamas visit your temple are fake.

Even they are fake, as a buddhist, we still should show our great compassion to let them know about their ignorance and cultivate them back to the right buddist way.
  • edited April 2008
    Also Dorje Chang , or Kuntuzanpo in Nyingma, is the primordial Buddha which is beyond all definition and limits. That is to say he is not a Dharmakaya, Sambhogakaya or Nirmanakaya form of the Buddha, he is Buddhanature itself. So to say that someone is an incarnation of Dorje Chang is rather ludicrous.

Ah, thank you for that explanation, Palzang.

So, is Dorje Chang the Tibetan version of Vairochana Buddha? Or am I still confused?
  • edited April 2008
    Please do not feed the troll
    edited April 2008
    * Requests considered...................... * ;)
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    If you do not agree my statement and think it is a communist story, why you said too many lamas visit your temple are fake. Huh?

Even they are fake, as a buddhist, we still should show our great compassion to let them know about their ignorance and cultivate them back to the right buddist way.

It is out of compassion that we would not let them visit our temple because to impersonate a rinpoche is the cause for very, very negative karma that would result in great suffering over many aeons. Therefore by preventing them from incurring this bad karma we are showing compassion for them.

I notice that you have never actually responded to my assertion that this is a communist plot. Hmmm...

Palzang
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    jacx wrote: »
    Ah, thank you for that explanation, Palzang.

So, is Dorje Chang the Tibetan version of Vairochana Buddha? Or am I still confused?

Varjadhara, not Vairochana. Vairochana is one of the five Dhyani Buddhas, i.e. the Buddhas of the 5 directions. Vajradhara is the primordial Buddha that is beyond all limiting descriptions.

Palzang
  • edited April 2008
    It is out of compassion that we would not let them visit our temple because to impersonate a rinpoche is the cause for very, very negative karma that would result in great suffering over many aeons. Therefore by preventing them from incurring this bad karma we are showing compassion for them.

I notice that you have never actually responded to my assertion that this is a communist plot. Hmmm...

Palzang

It is true for the very negativce karma cause by impersonating rinpoche. And I am hoping that people do not do that because of money and fame. Money and fame are just emptiness after one die.

I think you will not believ me even if I said it is a reality but not a plot. I don't like communist myself. Feel sad for the people or monks suffered in Tibetan recently as well. However, everything has it cause and effect. Hope buddhist learning can be propagate to the world and bring more fortune and wisdom to the human being.
  • edited April 2008
    Knitwitch wrote: »
    Please do not feed the troll

Don't worry, I've had my pet goat microchipped, and I'm keeping it on a leash!

Trit-trot. :D
  • PalzangPalzang Veteran
    edited April 2008
    I accept vlin's statement that he is not a communist nor part of a plot. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. However, with all the attacks on the Dharma in the world today, I do feel it is critical that we exercise extreme caution. I too pray the Dharma continues to thrive and flourish in the world for the benefit of all sentient beings.

Palzang
This discussion has been closed.