Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Posture

FenixFenix Veteran
edited January 2010 in Meditation
U know how when you raise the height of your chair, your pelvis should tilt forward(overarch) if you lower it it should tilt backwards(slump) thus creating a ideal position in the middle. Well no matter how much I raise the height of my seat my pelvis wont tilt forward. So in a result no matter where I sit Im slumping and have to force my back up and making it ridgid, and which in a while makes my lower back weak and makes it shimmy. !. this is so annoying. any similar experiences anyone?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Fenix wrote: »
    ..... no matter how much I raise the height of my seat my pelvis wont tilt forward.

In addition to adjusting the height of your chair, experiment with tilting the seat of your chair a little by raising only the rear legs of the chair. Use wooden blocks or books wrapped up in paper whilst experimenting.
    Your pelvis should now be in a position which tends to straighten the spine. Make sure your buttocks and thighs are all firmly on the chair seat to spread the weight evenly and give firm support. If your thighs are too high, pull back your legs just a little, this will lower the thighs. If your legs are dangling, place something under it.

Only when you find the perfect setup... its time to shorten the front legs of the chair (equivalent to block height) and you will no longer need to use the blocks. I hope this helps you as much as it did me. :)