Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

The Five Wisdom Energies

ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
edited September 2005 in Buddhism Basics
I came across this book some time ago... It's entitled "The Five Wisdom Energies" or something like that. Anyway the five wisdom energies are Tibetan, and they are: vajra, padma, ratna, karma, buddha.

I can't explain much here... This site might help

http://www.maitripractice-international.org/vajra/

It's really interesting when you discover and view things in the Buddhist psychological view. You feel instantly Zen and aware with this.

My energy type is VAJRA if anyone care to know.

http://ajanimgo.tk

Comments

• JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Does all five summon Captian Planet? :)
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    ajani_mgo wrote:
    My energy type is VAJRA if anyone care to know.

How did you ascertain that? And what would Captain Planet be....?
  • JasonJason God Emperor Arrakis Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Capatin Planet: http://www.turner.com/planet/

It was a show about these five kids who helped save the world from evil, polluting villians. By combining the five powers of earth, fire, wind, water, and heart the five kids summoned Captain Planet when things got too tough.

:)
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Haha... Nah, this is different... Well vajras are suitable to be programmers... Can neglect things while deep in thoughts... Do this do that... I think i belong more to that group...

By combining a mix of all five you gain excellent awareness and a very nice mind, which I regret I have neither.

Anyway I never heard of that Cap'n Planet before... Don't think they have it in my country...
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    So you evaluated your own character against the five energies and decided for yourself? In that case, I think I'm predominantly Padma.... I recognise some of the 'negative' qualities as having been very evident before I began to study, follow and to adopt Buddhism as my personal 'vocation'.... Those qualities are still there, but I would hope to a smaller degree, and recogniseable to me... But there's a bit of all of them in all of us.....very interesting!
    I said 'negative' because I hesitate to label them as such.... I am of the opinion that even things we label as negative, bad, detrimental or to our disadvantage, have actually got positive, good, beneficial or advantageous qualities.... they all teach....!
    :thumbsup:
  • ajani_mgoajani_mgo Veteran
    edited September 2005
    The aim is to balance...
    edited September 2005
    ....Exactly so.... we are all blessed with these qualities, some more evident than others, and to some extent with one dominant "element"... the trick, as you rightly say, is to achieve balance... ALL the qualities listed are neutral in themselves. It is how we use and manifest them, that has the potential to create imbalances... a knife is only a knife until you pick it up.... then it depends on whether you stab someone with it, or slice the melon..... :thumbsup: