Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Is there something wrong with this website?

edited September 2005 in NewBuddhist.com
For the past three days, whenever I try to put up a post, it completely freezes up. Is anyone else having this issue?

Kim

Comments

• edited September 2005
    OK, that's odd. I guess it is only when I try to post in certain threads??
  • buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2005
    I think it's because I asked Brian to suspend your account.

-bf
  • edited September 2005
    I knew it was your fault!
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    YogaMama wrote:
    For the past three days, whenever I try to put up a post, it completely freezes up. Is anyone else having this issue?

Kim

Yes... I seem to have it if I have other sites up and running as well, but occasionally it does this just for the hell of it.... my little sand timer just keeps a-turnin' and a-turnin' and nuthin' happens - so I have to exit the site, which means I lose my post. And even trying to be a smart ass and copying it before I possibly freeze up don't work....*sigh*

Brian thought it might be a trans-Atlantic glitch in the system, as he assures me the site isn't to blame.

(But he would say that, wooden hee?!?) :grumble: :lol:
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2005
    I really can't think of any technical reason how this site could cause something like that. There's not really any mechanism that could cause a computer to lock up that could "travel" over the internet from a website, per se (i'm using layman's terms here).

I would suspect either a spyware or virus infection, or perhaps a connection problem with your internet provider.
  • edited September 2005
    Hmmm...then why do I only have that problem on this site? :) And it seems to keep happening with the "Anniversary of 9/11" post that I have up.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Brian wrote:
    I would suspect either a spyware or virus infection, or perhaps a connection problem with your internet provider.

Brian, we have recently downloaded all the antivirus and spywate you recommended - short of being greeted by a rabid gorilla with a kalashnikov, even we're wary about trying to get in now....! *lol!!* I figure then it must be the provider.... or maybe it just gets a bit too much for the PC... you never know, it might be hormonal....!
  • edited September 2005
    YogaMama wrote:

Kim

Yep! I have been having the same problem. :banghead: :banghead: It has been like that for me for about two weeks or so now. :type: :grumble:

Adiana :mullet:
    edited September 2005
    :( weird. I don't have a single problem.... I'll check into it
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    I have had no trouble since switching browsers to Firefox.
    edited September 2005
    If it happens to you, please let me know what thread it happened to you on so I can at least start trying to track it down :)
    edited September 2005
    You guys were right! There definitely WAS something wrong!

From Jelsoft (the company that makes this software):
    Version 3.0.9 remedies various problems identified in 3.0.8, in particular a problem with Internet Explorer freezing while posting a message, and an issue relating to the mailqueue failing to send digest email notifications.

I updated the forum software to 3.0.9, so the problem should be gone!

Sorry about that :)
    edited September 2005
    Thanks Brian ! let's hope for the best now!!
  • edited September 2005
    AHA! See, I am not crazy! Well...maybe a little, but at least I knew somehting was wrong with posting on this forum! :) Thanks so much for fixing it Brian.
  • edited September 2005
    Brian,

Thank you! Everything seems to be fine right now.

Adiana :mullet: :type: