Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

$10 Best Buy Gift Card to whoever gets 10 new members

BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
edited April 2005 in NewBuddhist.com
we HAVE to revive this site. I'll try bribery :D

$10 gift card for best buy to the first person who refers 10 new members :ninja:

go!

Comments

• edited December 2004
    hmmm, best buy gift card, eh?

Honestly I think it'll be hard for me to go get people to join here, like personally, I think you're going to get more traffic from people searching for information on Buddihism on like google or something
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited December 2004
    Then no gift card for YOU, sir :D
  • edited December 2004
    Intresting challange Brian, We'll just have to see what I can turn up.
  • edited December 2004
    Brian wrote:
    Then no gift card for YOU, sir :D

Well, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just saying my friends might be wonder what the hell I'm getting at telling them to go sign up on a buddhism forum...I shall try my best and even if I do get 10, you can forego the Best Buy card
    edited December 2004
    I know, this is a pretty topical site, it's not exactly like a place where geeks are going to hang out.... I just know that many people in our generation are disenchanted with religion in general, so if they ever wanted to vent or ask questions, this can be the place to do it, whereas other sites such as a tech site or a geek media site wouldn't really be the appropriate place for that sort of thing. :)
  • edited December 2004
    i forgot about this place! that network card is still going strong prime! guess you changed from ipb then... if you want a vbskin doing you just have to ask ;)
    edited December 2004
    Hello sir. Good to see you again :)

Sure, if you want to mess around with a skin, just let me know.l
  • edited January 2005
    Still got that gift card?
    edited January 2005
    yes i do! I hope to give it away soon! :rarr:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2005
    Moi, j'ai un tout petit problème, car vous savez donc que c'est pas facile entraîner les autres de suivre un chemin inconnu; et puis donc il y la situ de la langue, quoi faire, dis-donc?! Comme même je vais essayer, mais il n'ya pas de quoi, je le fais pour le grand plaisir, et pas la carte de dix dollars!! :lol:
    edited April 2005
    That's okay, federica. Go ahead and give it a shot.. Perhaps if you get enough people, we'll have a seperate french-only section of the site :lol:
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited April 2005
    ....Actually, having said that, there's probably quite a few folks UK side I could invite here for a chin-wag.... :)
  • edited April 2005
    Anybody close yet Brian?
    edited April 2005
    not at all. I haven't had one person tell me they've referred someone else :p

I started advertising on google, that's why so many new members. Although Fede found us on MSN search :)
  • ZenLunaticZenLunatic Veteran
    edited April 2005
    I found this place on google ads, on the about.com buddhism form. This, by far, is a more active place!