Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Re:Just had my post move because...

edited September 2005 in Buddhism Basics
I was simply talking about censorship, democracy, free speech and American Politcs.
I politely told that it was....."Moving to the lotus lounge :) - not really a "buddhism 101" topic".
I say this with respect to the editor. Politics is life and more often than not a reflection of life defects. Life is exactly what Buddha was interested in. My post is no less a topic for discussion on the New Buddhism than other topics that haven't been moved such as "Sex, Lust and Masterbation".
Whilst I find this site very interesting and appreciate the patience a virtue of those running it. I have to say I am very disappointed with this move to exclude an opinion.
I am only hoping this post is not also moved or worst censored.

Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.

Mahatma Gandhi

Comments

• BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2005
    It is hardly censored. It is openly visible to everyone who visits the site. I stand by my decision, as it has nothing to do with people who have basic questions about buddhism - it is more an opinion piece which is perfectly suited to the "off topic" section - it really doesn't have anything at all to do with the basics of buddhism, you must agree. I don't see how your opinion has been "excluded" by a simple topic change to keep things in order :)

As for missing other posts such as "sex, lust, and masturbation", this is topical for Buddhism 101. Buddhism 101 is for basic questions for people who have no exposure to buddhism. I know when I first started learning about buddhism, this was a valid question for me, and I'm sure there are others who have the same basic questions!

I don't understand how you can feel "censored" when your post has not been edited, deleted, or otherwise censored. It has merely been moved into a more topical forum.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Herman, I happily found your thread, and even responded to it.

I have had the priviledge (dubious and otherwise) of being a member on more than one site - not all Buddhist. I have to tell you here and now that this site is one of the friendliest, nicest most welcoming sites I've ever been on. The language is always suitable, we have people of all ages coming in here, so we also address topics to suit all ages, but always with respect, decency and dignity. I have never, in all my time here had cause to complain about anything or to argue with anyone. in fact, given the diverse and enormous range of topics posted, it is nothing short of a minor miracle that everyone is still on extremely friendly terms!

Don't feel so put out - it's no big deal. Brian has moved topics before, and I have only known him have to alter a post once; however, even that new member remained and continued discussions. Put it down to being fastidiously tidy!
    And don't go. The diversity of this forum is what makes it wonderfully lively.......OK? ;):)
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    edited September 2005
    Yes, i am a neat freak, that's true..... ;)