Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Albert Einstein was a player/womanizer?

edited September 2005 in Buddhism Basics
Well, this is no doubt of proof that intelligent and sexual morality are mutually exclusive. I may not be smart as Einstein but I have been faithful to my g/f. But some people say Einstein ultimate creativity and unorthodox thinking (breaking rules) lie not only within Physics but within his marriage as well. Who knows?

vert.a.einstein.jpg
If there is any religion that would cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.” Albert Einstein

Einstein was indeed the most intelligent man with his contribution to the field of Physics - yet what about his moral ethics? Before his marriage ended, he had several affairs with women, he has kids whom he never knew or saw, etc.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/09/15/einstein.revealed.reut/index.html

Comments

• buddhafootbuddhafoot Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Duh!?!?!

I mean, look at this guy! You don't need to be a rocket scientist to see "playah" written all over this dude!

I'm a man and I'm diggin' his looks!

-bf
  • edited September 2005
    :grumble:
    I was expecting a more philosophical replies....
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    Einstein's personal morality does not, in any way, invalidate his extraordinary work, just as Newton's strange theology did not hamper his genius, either.

It is one of the real mysteries: moral behaviour does not guarantee genius nor does genius guarantee moral behaviour.

Although the story about the "woman taken in adultery" is in the Christian scriptures, it is a pretty good guide to how we are to behave towards each other. I am glad for you and your girlfriend, Identityless, that you have agreed an exclusive relationship and stuck to it. But, surely, the sensible person adds the word "yet" to any such remark: none can know what the future holds.

"Call no person happy until they're dead" applies.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    I have to say, Identityless, I'm with Simon on this one....
    There is a thread somewhere that speaks of two world leaders, one with an impeccable scholastic record, who stuck to his beliefs and was faithful thoughout his life to one partner, the other leader was a smoking, drinking reprobate with a doubtful educational record and a deserved reputation of disainful lechery.

The first was Hitler, the second Churchill.

"Who knows what is Good? Who knows what is bad?" :scratch: :)
  • SimonthepilgrimSimonthepilgrim Veteran
    edited September 2005
    A nice Einstein story.

When I was at Oxford, living in college, my 'scout' (college servant) was an elderly man who had been a 'scout's boy' at Christ Church when Einstein was temporarily there. He insisted that, on one occasion, he was standing outside Professor Einstein's door while the great man and a friend were playing music. Einstein kept stumbling over a particular passage and the friend, exasperated, finally snapped: "Oh, for God's sake, Albert, can't you count?"
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited September 2005
    ....And I do love his enchanting explanation of how he came to calculate his Theory of Relativity:

"I imagined what it would be like to ride on a beam of light".......
  • edited September 2005
    lol