Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

My First Post and Attempt at Def Poetry

novaw0lfnovaw0lf Veteran
edited November 2011 in Arts & Writings
Hello! I'm also a Buddhist, and brand new to this forum. It's my intention to contribute as much as possible with articles, videos, poems, and whatever other works as a means to entertain and hopefully even inspire others in their purpose in life. Whatever that purpose may be.

My first contribution is a video, a poem that I wrote called "Gateway", about the unification of all men through the philosophy of peace.

I hope you guys enjoy.

Comments

• LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    I dig it.

Skip the disclaimers next time and let it speak for itself.
  • Nice!
  • Looking very good for the future, older people like me can see your sincerity and it feels comforting - thank you for a first post with impact.
  • DaltheJigsawDaltheJigsaw Mountain View Veteran
    Nice!:) Check my poetry:
    I enjoyed your video! And Welcome!:) Hope you continue spreading good vibes!
  • Thanks to everyone for their support!
  • I was a veteran who spent two years in the Middle East, and now I'm trying my best to make whatever positive impact I can in the world, after.
  • SattvaPaulSattvaPaul South Wales, UK Veteran
    Cool man. :thumbup:
  • very nice, I like. :)
  • I really was NOT expecting this kind of positive feedback! ^^;
  • BrianBrian Detroit, MI Moderator
    Posted on the front page. Thanks @novaw0lf!
  • very good man
  • This is awesome, @novaw0lf! Thanks for your service, too.
  • edited November 2011
    nice stuff
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    that was very touching novaw0lf. i'm a big fan of slam poetry, is there a difference between that and def poetry?
  • NomaDBuddhaNomaDBuddha Scalpel wielder :) Bucharest Veteran
    With the right beat, you can become an underground rapper.
  • that was very touching novaw0lf. i'm a big fan of slam poetry, is there a difference between that and def poetry?
    No, there's not. Thank you very much!
    I have heard a bit of slam poetry like Taylor Mali and it is difficult to get the right rhythm going. Despite this being your first attempt your technique is so natural and easy to get used to, congrats!
    Thank you!

Everyone!hahahaha ^^;
  • With the right beat, you can become an underground rapper.
    I dunno about all that, now! ;)
  • LincLinc Site owner Detroit Moderator
    Admin note: Guest comments from the front page get inserted out of order. Known bug I'm working on.
  • I have heard a bit of slam poetry like Taylor Mali and it is difficult to get the right rhythm going. Despite this being your first attempt your technique is so natural and easy to get used to, congrats!
  • Well written and well delivered Novaw0lf... thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the listen and applaud the message.
  • possibilitiespossibilities PNW, WA State Veteran
    very convincing. very well done!
  • Thanks man really nice site and some great articles, keep up the greatI was surfing google and I saw your website and it is very interesting, keep it up! I just added this blog site to my google reader, excellent stuff. I Cannot get enough!
    I don't know what it was about your response that differed from the others, but it's given me a new spark of inspiration to continue writing on that website. To be honest, I was about to give up on it. Perhaps that would have been foolish of me.

I can't control the rate of which I get inspiration for poetry and philosophical articles, but I can better control how I design and release my literature. There was never a more steady stream of viewers on the website than for the temporary time that I decided to release my biography for free, chapter by chapter; it kept people returning to the site.

I'm thinking of making my next work a free chapter-by-chapter web-novel called "Just Another War Story", about a heroin addict during the Vietnam War.

Right now, I'm trying to scramble together all of the excerpts and tidbits that I've written in the past, out of flairs of inspiration, for the sake of contribution to the first chapter. I'm going to release Chapter 1 before tomorrow morning.

• I'd like to think that my style of literature is very dark, gritty, realistic and at times even a bit gothic in nature...but never without an underlying positive message, derived from Buddhist philosophy.
  • If you like the poem here, as well as what you've read on the website, I'm sure you'll love my next historical fiction. Be sure to return to the website to read it; I'm releasing it completely for free.
  • People are still commenting on this? Thank you so much!
  • Not many have a great voice like yourself but the words...that's impressive. Keep it up!
  • Excellent! Thanks for this gift.
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    I used to watch Def Poetry Jam occasionally, although mostly I didn't care for it...maybe related to me being so ancient.

But I very much liked your presentation and the sentiment! Bravo!
  • You are articulate and your voice and words washed over me and covered me like a healing balm.
  • ZeroZero Veteran
    It's good... you got something there...

memorise it... tell me like you just thought it
  • I'm new to this site so this is the first of me seeing and hearing your piece. I don't know about the disclaimer - you came across as confident and sincere. All I'm really saying is that it was very, very good. :D
    We want more, we want more, we want more...........;)
  • We want more!
  • I was impressed with the depth of your thoughts at such a young age!