Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Do you have a Bucket List? What is on it?

Lady_AlisonLady_Alison Veteran
edited April 2012 in General Banter

Comments

• Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    @Lady_Alison: you're nuts.

I'm all for conquering fears, but I think my fear of heights would cause me to black out and I'd just die.

I guess it's a crash course on impermanence? :wow:

For me:
    - do some decent travelling on each continent
    - being decently conversational in German, French, and Mandarin Chinese

Not very lofty or crazy I guess.
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    I don't really have a bucket list. I'd like to get some more travelling in as I havn't gone too far. I'd like to find love again and hope Miss Aussie gets her butt out here sooner than later.

It would be nice to be able to help people become more aware, discover happiness for themselves and be an example of how helping others can go a long way to personal satisfaction.

Very typically Buddhist thing to say I guess, but it's the truth.

A bucket list for me would be huge and would likely take longer than I have left to make.

• Yes I am crazy. You could say, I am extreme. In fact, I could survive in the wild just fine with a large blade.

I do like your list. Traveling sounds like fun.
    @Lady_Alison: you're nuts.

I'm all for conquering fears, but I think my fear of heights would cause me to black out and I'd just die.

I guess it's a crash course on impermanence? :wow:

For me:
    - do some decent travelling on each continent
    - being decently conversational in German, French, and Mandarin Chinese

Not very lofty or crazy I guess.
  • @ourself You sound like a Bodhisattva in training. I hope she's Buddhist! Lol...love is good.
  • DavidDavid A human residing in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. Ancestral territory of the Erie, Haudenosaunee, Huron-Wendat, Mississauga and Neutral First Nations Veteran
    Thanks. I've taken the vows but informally.

She isn't Buddhist but she is spiritual and knows I'm very Buddhist. I warn her about it often because even just in casual conversation I end up getting all "deep" on people. Some dig it, some don't, hehe.
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    1. Spend time in a monastery
    2. Get the world record high score on centipede
  • I would love to take a couple weeks of quality time with myself to ride my Harley across the states, but with respect to my partner who would not last more than a few hours on the back of my bike, I do not actually plan this selfish adventure. Someday maybe, universe willing.

My adventures mostly revolved around what makes my wife smile... it's not that I'm P-whipped, but I like surprises and seeing her happy.
  • @telly03 that's not selfish...you can find a group of people and do it on your own, I'm sure she'd support you...I can't resist...

• RichardHRichardH Veteran
    edited April 2012
    Hmm.. done a lot of what I wanted to do.. There are a few places I'd like to visit that I never had a chance to.. Saint Petersburg, Russia.. explore the Gobi desert ..see Reykjavik, explore Iceland.. and .. see the Amazon.
  • Become fluent in Japanese.
    Travel to/ live in Japan
    Travel the world.
    Pet a red panda.
    Skydive.
    Drive a Lamborghini.

Just a few of my top choices.
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Well I'm a little too young to have a serious bucket list. But I wish to become a professional cave explorer.

Seriously, they fascinate me. Going through them is one hell of an adventure. So one thing to do before I die is to explore a cave no one has discovered yet.
    edited April 2012
    Well I'm a little too young to have a serious bucket list. But I wish to become a professional cave explorer.

Seriously, they fascinate me. Going through them is one hell of an adventure. So one thing to do before I die is to explore a cave no one has discovered yet.
    Not sure if spelunker came up on fed's best words thread. But since you didn't use the word... spelunker... spelunker... spelunker.
  • ... So one thing to do before I die is to explore a cave no one has discovered yet.
    Do you want me to get you a shovel to make your own?
  • @arjquad :wave:

@zayl...I think you can start a bucket list as soon as you know what it is. @Richardh doesn't need one because he probably tried to live a full life...see above.

Start young.
  • ZaylZayl Veteran

If I did that, it would already be explored wouldn't it? :D

@Person I thought a spelunker was someone that parachuted into caves?

@Lady_Alison Yeah you're probably right. Thing is I don't have much I am passionate about. I guess you could put having an orgy on the list, but eh, you know. I'm happy enough with my life, as dull as it may seem. So I never put much thought into a bucket list because to me I didn't really need to do all of those things to die happy.
  • I love stoners, they are such laid back peeps...hahaha!

If I did that, it would already be explored wouldn't it? :D

@Person I thought a spelunker was someone that parachuted into caves?

@Lady_Alison Yeah you're probably right. Thing is I don't have much I am passionate about. I guess you could put having an orgy on the list, but eh, you know. I'm happy enough with my life, as dull as it may seem. So I never put much thought into a bucket list because to me I didn't really need to do all of those things to die happy.
  • @Zayl you said that you wanted to explore one not explored before, so if you dig your own then you are the first to explore it.
    Caving—also occasionally known as spelunking in the United States and potholing in the United Kingdom and Ireland—is the recreational pastime of exploring wild (generally non-commercial) cave systems.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caving
  • I made one about 4 years ago which I have lost, but I remember some of them. I want to build a swing that is situated on the edge of a huge cliff and which has a cross bar at 100 feet, so you would swing so far out and so high, that would be cool. I want to travel to Nepal and see Mount Everest, there is a hike trip that is quite intense which ends up at bass camp. I would jump at the chance to go into space if it was given to me no questions asked, and I still want to be able to get into bio-chemistry at some point. But that is about it really.
  • @Thailandtom...I like your list because it didn't have spelunking on it...

I think your list sounds like something I'd do...microbiology included...
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Oh! I know! I want to drive a fully functioning military tank down the street while humming "Ride of the Valkyries" over its loudspeakers. But I honestly doubt that'd ever happen.

and @LAdy_alison well thanks, of course I was a naturally laid back person to begin with. Why work on getting everything you need to be happy, when you can just work on being happy with what you have eh?
  • @Thailandtom...I like your list because it didn't have spelunking on it...

I think your list sounds like something I'd do...microbiology included...
    Oh yea, I forgot to add spelunking on there! :buck:
  • DaftChrisDaftChris Spiritually conflicted. Not of this world. Veteran
    1.) Become at least advanced in Russian.

2.) Travel the world and experience different cultures (and food!).

3.) Earn my Masters and get a job that I love

4.) Continue to grow in my spiritual and philosophical journey. Once you stop, then you cease to broaden your mind and horizons.

• And more YouTube hits!
    1.) Become at least advanced in Russian.

2.) Travel the world and experience different cultures (and food!).

3.) Earn my Masters and get a job that I love

4.) Continue to grow in my spiritual and philosophical journey. Once you stop, then you cease to broaden your mind and horizons.
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    Oh! Complete a triathlon is another one for me.
  • DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    I don't really have a bucket list.
    Yes, bucket lists belong in the bucket... ;)
  • Can you want to do something without striving at wanting to do it? If so then a bucket list would be fine to have IMO.
    Mmm, going into space could go on mine too.

@Zayl http://driveatank.com/
  • Seriously, if someone came up to me now and said here is a chance for you to go into space (after training of course and health checks), I would 100% say yes no matter what. It would be such an experience, to actually view your home planet, that has to be homesickness at it's worse :p Still, an amazing sight very few have yet to see.
  • I don't have a bucket list :bawl: I'm either very unadventurous or I've done most of what I wanted to do ;)
  • seeker242seeker242 Zen Florida, USA Veteran
    Become a monk and leave worldly life behind, maybe. :lol:
  • Become a monk and leave worldly life behind, maybe. :lol:
    I TOTALLY forgot this. This will happen for me around the age of 35-40 if I make it. I have had the calling before Thailand and before I knew too much about Buddhism. It will be interesting to see where everyone here now, today, where they are in 20 years, if at all..
  • A bucket list is what I am trying to do without... :rolleyes: Would like to remove all desire and just move from one moment to the next and let what happen, happen. I know this may sound alien to most, but how blissful would that be to just be. :nyah:
  • vinlynvinlyn Colorado...for now Veteran
    I see that the Gibb who is in a coma was preparing a bucket list.
  • I completly forgot about space. I want to go into space and if possible land on another moon or planet.
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    1. Get Enlightened.
    :D
  • shanyinshanyin Novice Yogin Sault Ontario Veteran
    just have a good anapanasati practice is it atm
  • I already got all of the wild and crazy out of the way when younger....now, I've been becoming increasingly interested in a 10 day retreat, but still too much of a pussy to go for it. It's the 4 am waking up thing. I like to sleep until 7.
    One day.
  • @raine you are like my age!!! Wtf?
    I already got all of the wild and crazy out of the way when younger....now, I've been becoming increasingly interested in a 10 day retreat, but still too much of a pussy to go for it. It's the 4 am waking up thing. I like to sleep until 7.
    One day.
    Mmm, going into space could go on mine too.
    I sometimes think it would be nice to get abducted by space aliens
  • @lLady_Alison I should clarify that I went through a hedonistic stage from 20-23.
    I suppose I should have wrote "back when I was not so wise"
    Not to say that I'm all that wise now, but definitely no longer wild and a party girl.
  • @porpoise. Ummm you know about the whole space alien...abduction...probing thing, right?
  • BonsaiDougBonsaiDoug Simply, on the path. Veteran
    edited April 2012
    A bucket list is what I am trying to do without... :rolleyes: Would like to remove all desire and just move from one moment to the next and let what happen, happen. I know this may sound alien to most, but how blissful would that be to just be. :nyah:
    Agree. I find it challenging enough just trying to live, totally, in the present moment.

Oops! There goes yet another moment I missed out on. :D
  • @porpoise. Ummm you know about the whole space alien...abduction...probing thing, right?
    Dude, probing! ...

.....ew!
    @porpoise. Ummm you know about the whole space alien...abduction...probing thing, right?
    No, but I'd like to..... :D
  • I want to meet Trevor Hill AKA Trevor Alex :lol:
    I'd like to torpedo a whaling ship, but being a Buddhist I would make sure the crew got off first....