Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Looks Like Aldershot Football Club Will Do Well Next Year...

ToshTosh Veteran
edited May 2012 in General Banter
HH DL due to bless Aldershot Football Club's grounds:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4260967/Dalai-Lama-set-to-bless-Aldershot-FCs-pitch.html

I may give him a visit and Aldershot too; it's the spiritual Home of the British Army and I've many fond (and not so fond) memories of the place.

Comments

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2012
    I lived there! Damn - he never came round when I invited him!!!

(the 'Sun' newspaper....? that's a cross between Fox news and 'the Onion'....! Really....tosh!!) :lol:
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    edited May 2012
    I don't read the Sun, Fed, but it's linked on an army forum I sometimes frequent. The guys there are quite funny - that rough merciless sense of humour the army has!

They reckon the 'Shot has signed up HH DL to play for them?
    Don't know if this is going to make them play any better but there'll be no killing of insects on this pitch!!.....
    Maybe they could sign up the Pope next? I understand he's left footed.
    Ian paisley could do the oranges at half time.
    (Very good; notice the 'Orange' joke)
    Maybe, I should invite him to the Traf for a whisky!
    (Rough para pub you might've frequented, Fed?)
    He'll just bore everyone in the Traf with stories about THEM [Special Air Service] and being the 2nd levitating man on the balcony.
    (with reference to the Libyan Embassy SAS hostage rescue and how half the ex-British army claim to be the 2nd man on the balcony, with the mask and rifle; looking all glamorous).

You know, I think I'm going to go.

• federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    I know the Traf - but i have to say i avoided it like the plague....!
    I think I might join you....!!
  • ToshTosh Veteran
    I used to like the Rose and Crown on a Sunday lunch time, Fed! ;)

Yeh, I was a heathen! Maybe I'll see you there!
    I used to live a stone's throw from the gasometers.... I used to be Alex Reid's shiatsu therapist. He was a whole lot different then....!