sitting with ALL emotions
I have been able to practice more lately with sitting with ALL emotions. There is so much valuable information in this practice. I do not see a way to follow the 8fold path as more than a list of rules without sitting with all emotions. Here is what I have seen in just the last week of careful observance of sitting with emotions.
* when i look back to when i started this years ago I had to set aside time to really do it, now it is more naturally a part of my daily life.
* stronger emotions or ones that are not as common to me can take energy
* my interaction with others is less reactionary by far
* sitting with my emotions makes me less scared of others emotions, and therefore able to sit with them while not adding to their process.
* no emotion lasts very long, what is seen as negative or positive
* negative and positive judgements of emotion have passed to a large degree.
* I am capable of being right here, right now, without emotions pushing me into worry and regret, worry and regret are from emotions that were put off and not felt.
* it is still okay to consciously say that you need to put something aside to handle what is in front of you,
Okay, not sure where it belongs, the conversation is open to others experiences.