Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

Drunk on Dharma

Peace Dear Friends,

Today is Another Day. A day of goodwill and cheer, whoever you are, even a humble hum bug. We are all welcome to be presents, presence and gifted. Even if our giving is a terrible hang over from our previous moments. We are here and we can hear. As always we have a mind to find the best. To know what is the better choice. We sense the wiser path. Always we choose the kinder, gentler, more enlightened option, if we will. We can always take the first step again and again. Have we failed with guilt?
No matter.
In each eternal cosmic cycle, all existence is ended. All joins the Perfecting and ends in Nothing. The new cycle of wonderment begins. A perfected and eternal movement. Empty of being, empty of choice and preference. Full to the experience. What will be next? Everything is fine. How extraordinary. How fortunate. How inevitable. How now brown cow?
All too often we live in a guru and path circus, following a simple juggling technique as if a solution to all our needs. Sometimes we pinch and scratch the surface of the diversity of paths. Which is ours? Which will work best?
They all work.
All we have to do is begin and begin again. In this way we become inspired by our innate potential. Start to listen and follow the way in the books, teachers, platitudes and ritualised fossils prepared for transmission. You will be transformed independent of the source of making live the unfolding. A delivery system exists in the wisdom of and for children, in each language, in the insanity of the outsider, in the convicted dogmatist. In the most heard hearted and tight fisted malcontent. You have to find that wisdom, find that truth. Find that potential from your own innate capacity to sift and sort. Trust yourself. The capacity is present. The potential is here. The inevitability is certain.

Have a great day.

Comments

• howhow Veteran Veteran
    edited December 2012
    @Lobster ....You clear cutting the pixels in your posts now?

DRUNK ON DHARMA/ or tripping on the title while missing the content.

The reason why it's difficult to discern the difference between a Dharma drunk and an ego presenting dreams of spiritual freedom is because there is no difference.
    Instead of the transcendence of identity which marks Dharmic sobriety,
    a Dharmic drunk is just a spiritual ego binge within it's own dream.
    A Dharma drunk is a particularly difficult issue to address because it is considered to be the compounded delusion of a delusion within a delusion. Years of sincere practise can end up giving one's identity a spiritual make over instead of just being let go of.

The difference between spiritual ego dreams and awakenings is not on the extent of the vision of reality but on the lack of self in that reality. Both are transmissions but whereas one is ultimately of attachment, the other is of freedom.

I know, I know..it's only a heading.
    Bitchy post Christmas blues..probably.
    Citta
  • " The inevitability is certain " You mean the cosmos is fascist ?
    "Ve haf vays of making you Enlightened. " ?
    lobster
  • I know, I know..it's only a heading.
    is it?
    I was going to post on Christmas Day but I was drunk . . . when I posted . . . that is why the unnecessary pixels . . . no hidden message on spatial emptiness. Sorry about that. Was I drunk due to precept breaking, Christmas solidarity with my fellow family intoxicates?
    Guilty.
    No sense of shame, remorse or other bad example of self righteous abstinence. I was drunk.
    Probably will be again next Christmas.

Also . . .
    I feel some of us do become drunk on dharma, interior conditions, experiences of what Sufis call 'Intoxication and sobrietrary'. Few of us are free of unskilfull behaviour. I don't think getting drunk is a good example but most of us are able to make up our own mind. Some of us are alcoholics and must stay away from alcohol. Or perhaps we get aggressive . . . intoxicants not good. We know that.

The point I really wish to make is to be a bit kinder to ourselves and our foibles, our grumpiness, our inner failings. Yes practice. Progress is assured. Each day we are Beginners. Each day we are closer to meeting our fellow humans as Buddhas.
    Jeffrey
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    edited December 2012
    Drunk with Divine Love
    by Mooji

183 videos by Mooji

• DairyLamaDairyLama Veteran Veteran
    I am addicted to meditation. Can I get treatment for it under the National 'Elf Service? :D