Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Welcome home! Please contact lincoln@icrontic.com if you have any difficulty logging in or using the site. New registrations must be manually approved which may take several days. Can't log in? Try clearing your browser's cookies.

SillyPutty's Thread o' Silliness

Strange things make me laugh. Like this, for instance:

Post your quirky things that make you laugh as well. :D
Invincible_summerkashiriverflowJeffreygracelee

Comments

• SillyPuttySillyPutty Veteran
    edited May 2013
    No matter how many years pass and how many times I watch these videos, I can't stop laughing. It may not translate well if you're not from the U.S... I dunno. But so funny....
    https://twitter.com/#!/mikepolkjr

The Cleveland Tourism Board gave me 14 million dollars about 8 months ago to make a promotional video to bring people to Cleveland. As usual, I waited till the last minute and I ended up having to shoot and edit it in about an hour yesterday afternoon. I probably should have invested more time.

http://mikepolkjr.com
    https://twitter.com/#!/mikepolkjr

So The Cleveland Board of Tourism was not happy with the first video that I turned in. In fact, they said that upon viewing it, three of the board members moved away.

They insisted that I turn in a proper Cleveland tourism video, otherwise they will pursue litigation.

So I was really planning on buckling down and giving it my all this time, but there was a "Rock of Love" marathon on VH1 last night that I didn't want to miss, so I cranked this video out in even less time than the first one. Roughly 35 minutes total.

Despite this, I'm rather pleased with how it turned out, and I think they will be too.

http://mikepolkjr.com
    Invincible_summerriverflowBeej
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    edited May 2013
    I love Portlandia...

SillyPuttyBeej
  • @Invincible_summer The video was blocked but I searched for it again on YT. OMG... :lol: That was great. That is definitely a show I think I'd enjoy watching. :lol:

• [LINK]

This fellow is quite creative and funny...
    SillyPuttyJeffreyInvincible_summerBeej
  • Apologies to any Queen fans out there:

[LINK]

"It's a poo poo trap!"
    SillyPuttyInvincible_summer
  • @riverflow - your last post reminded me of this series of "literal music videos".... :lol:

riverflowInvincible_summerswaydamBeej
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    He man singing 'Hey Ya' (1993ish song on alternative radio)

edited May 2013
    Classic. :lol:
  • I love these guys... they make some of the most bizarre videos, both live-action and animated:

• I love these guys as well... and I want to have 20 thousand of Craig Johnson's babies (he's not in this video, though, but guest starred on it a couple of times) because he is "teh hottness." :lol: (He's on Welcome to the Basement regularly though):

personInvincible_summergracelee
  • personperson Don't believe everything you think The liminal space Veteran
    Since you said you like The Walking Dead, I hope you love this. They have many other bad lip readings if you really like it.

SillyPuttylobsterkarmablues
  • :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

omg... that was hilarious... and it had David Morrissey AND Jon Bernthal... my other two crushes. <3
  • Invincible_summerInvincible_summer Heavy Metal Dhamma We(s)t coast, Canada Veteran
    @SillyPutty - I'm very glad to know that I'm not the only person who watches BlameSocietyFilms! Makes me feel like I'm a people! :p
    SillyPutty
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    edited May 2013
    This made me snort my coffee.... I don't know what it says about me though....

http://themetapicture.com/oh-crap-are-you-okay-mr-truck/

And anything by Tim Minchin...

http://www.youtube.com/user/timminchin
    lobsterSillyPuttyInvincible_summerJohn_Spencer
  • I've always found the word shoehorn funny.. especially when my bro says it. Dumb but true
  • federica said:

This made me snort my coffee.... I don't know what it says about me though....

http://themetapicture.com/oh-crap-are-you-okay-mr-truck/

And anything by Tim Minchin....

OMG... :lol: Poor guy :( ... but it makes the title awkwardly hilarious after watching it.
  • Even though it's a lot more fun to watch during the holiday season, it's still great viewing nonetheless:

person
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    edited May 2013
    gah! having trouble posting videos with my device. >:\ i am technologically challenged.
  • federicafederica Seeker of the clear blue sky... Its better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt Moderator
    Join the club...... I have trouble even spelling tehcolongy.....
    BeejSillyPutty
  • graceleegracelee Veteran
    ...I like this thread!

federicaSillyPuttyInvincible_summer
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    An oldie but a classic

Invincible_summergraceleeSillyPuttyJeffrey
    edited May 2013
    @Jeffrey meet @Zayl. @Zayl, @Jeffrey. :lol:

I think the probability of it all is so awesome-- two people posting the same video. It is a keeper, that's for sure. I laugh each time I watch it. :D Plus I used to love that show when I was younger (even though I think She-Ra was far superior, being a female and all :D ).
  • graceleegracelee Veteran
    sorry to post twice but this one just needs to be shared....

SillyPuttyInvincible_summerzombiegirl
  • Love. Jenna. Marbles.

Jeffreyzombiegirl
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    For @zombiegirl. Consider it performance art rather than.... err just say the views of this video do not reflect the views of the sponsor, Jeffrey.

Vegan Zombies

Zombie Brain Epic Mealtime

zombiegirl
  • JeffreyJeffrey Veteran
    On a serious note do you think brain is the self?
  • @Jeffrey Nope.
    but if it were, and a zombie apocalypse came, and a zombie ate my brain I guess self would then be rotting particles slowly digesting in zombie intestine acid soon to be zombie sh*t...and then become fertilization or sewer water. I wonder if one would be aware of that whole process? Scary
  • This parody plays through my mind every time I see a mention of GoT:

edited May 2013
    Love love love the Final Fantasy series... (old school FF, not that 3-D newfangled stuff they show now! FFIV and FFVI FTW!). This is an old video, but such a great real-life spoof of FF:

personkashiInvincible_summerzombiegirl
  • And in that vein...

• FINAL FANTASY RULES!!!...
    ok. it really does. on a side note.........
    edited May 2013
    Edit: I decided to change which video of Jon LaJoie's to post... the first one I did was even too crude for my standards. :)

• CheChe Veteran
    Google Humour?
    Google 'anagram'
    riverflow
  • CheChe Veteran
    Errrrr, that was supposed to be Good humour? Google 'anagram' :bawl:
    SillyPutty
  • CheChe Veteran
    My 90 year I'd mother is starting Karate lessons this week
    lobster
  • CheChe Veteran
    No.....hang on.......Macramé, sorry :D
    SillyPuttylobster
  • Lee82Lee82 Veteran
    If you want some funny vids on youtube check out Ryan Higa, been following him for ages and some of his vids are really good, in a silly comedy humour way.
    SillyPutty
  • BeejBeej Human Being Veteran
    Oh my gosh.... if you don't know who Reggie Watts is, your life is incomplete!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BdHK_r9RXTc
    JeffreyInvincible_summer
  • zombiegirlzombiegirl beating the drum of the lifeless in a dry wasteland Veteran
    edited May 2013
    @Jeffrey Were they eating real brains in that second clip? Gross, lol. Also, to answer your question, I kind of do think the brain is the self. Personality and behavior can be manipulated by brain issues/injuries and has been well documented. Injuries to the frontal lobe have been observed in many sociopaths, for example. The story of Charles Whitman is also very interesting. He's the Texan shooter who killed 13 people, including his family, and wounding 32 more. In his suicide note he asked that they do an autopsy on his brain because he even he couldn't understand his sudden radical change. They found a brain tumor in his amygdala, which is involved with emotional responses.

@SillyPutty I wish Jenna Marbles was my friend so badly! I keep thinking someone needs to give her her own TV show.

My contribution... Very Mary Kate
    Elaine Carroll does a web series where she pretends to be Mary Kate Olson:
  • @zombiegirl - YES! I want to be JM's BFF too! :lol:

And that MK video was freakin' brillz. She has the smile down and everything. :lol:
    zombiegirl
  • ZaylZayl Veteran
    Only the best in Ugandan film

The rest are a collection of ultra short, but funny videos.
    Punctuation is important on a teleprompter.

Twilight in 4 seconds

What a faux pas!

Everyone's opinion on planking.
    SillyPutty